Mar 29 2014
By: LagunaBardwell First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Deleting Trophies on PS3 - unwanted, can I delete?

8 replies 26180 views Edited Mar 29, 2014

So, after looking I see references to the deletion of trophies on the PSN - hooray, but sadly only for the vita.

I'm curious to know if the deletion is possible for all PSN users, or just via the Vita OS? I have some games on my list which I thought would be great to platinum, but it turns out the online play is completely dead and I can't gain the trophies for it. Some of the games I will keep despite the frustration (ie. LittleBigPlanet and its level creation trophies) as opposed to other games which the trophies are impossible due to dead online and I would love to delete (ie. Wolfenstein and its multiplayer matchmaking trophies, FEAR2 and everything to do with that game, any Call of Duty crap my friend installed on my system instead of making his own account, etc). I would even sacrifice gamer profile percentage just to get rid of those small bronzes. I blame the OCD in me.

Is it a far stretch to assume that there's a hidden option on the PS3 to not only hide trophies, but to delete them from your profile altogether? Games like Call of Duty are ones that a friend got one or two trophies for useless crap and I would never be caught playing these games myself, so therefore I would rather not have it on my list at all.

If it doesn't exist, it would be great to add this option to the PS3 and PSN Dashboards - delete from system, delete from PSN in a web browser, then miraculously they never appear again.

Message 1 of 9 (26,180 Views)
MVP Support
12942 posts

Re: Deleting Trophies on PS3 - unwanted, can I delete?

Mar 29, 2014

Hi and welcome to the forum LagunaBardwell. Robot Happy

Nope there isn't a way to delete the trophies on the PS3 sadly.

But you can hide them.

*snip*

Go to Settings, PSN, Privacy Settings, Trophies. Choose Select Games, then check off the games you want hide. Press OK. Done. You will still the trophies in your list, but others won't.

*snip*

ExMimic here on the forums let another member know how to do it.

Link to the original thread

Disclaimer: from community.us.playstation.com

I do agree that it would be nice if they added that option to the PS3 though. It would come in handy.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 2 of 9 (26,178 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4650 posts

Mar 29, 2014

The only improvement in this department I'd like to see, is the ability to purge from trophy list all those sitting at 0%.

Message 3 of 9 (26,169 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Feb 10, 2015
Nakatsu_Hime, i agree. Many years ago i have trophies that are at 0%. With the psn plus free games. That i have no desire to play or to even download anylonger. Wish there was away to take the unwanted trophys that are 0% and delete them.
Message 4 of 9 (18,572 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39162 posts

Feb 10, 2015

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:

The only improvement in this department I'd like to see, is the ability to purge from trophy list all those sitting at 0%.

A little bit OCD @Nakatsu_Hime ?

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 9 (18,561 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4650 posts

Feb 12, 2015

BRIT-KO wrote:

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:

A little bit OCD @Nakatsu_Hime ?

BRIT-KO

Not at all.

Don't you feel the need to clear out your attic now and again, or have you still got all your Christmas cards stored up there from people you didn't even like in the first place ??

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9 (18,496 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6837 posts

Feb 13, 2015

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:

Rather than delete them, I just try to earn at least one trophy in any game I start Smiley Tongue. Even if I don't plan on finishing it or playing beyond that.

Message 7 of 9 (18,443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 26, 2015

I have a bigger problem than unwanted trophies, my DAI game will not load past the sync trophies screen, I though I had a corrupted file or something so I back up Gan

me date on flash drive and purged all game date, saved Game (both on console and online storage), DLC, patches, and the game. But when I reinstalled as if new game same problem, so I can't even start a new game. The only thing I could not delete is the trophies, I think that's all that left, I'd appreciate any help on getting it up and running again

Message 8 of 9 (15,795 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 26, 2015

I have a bigger problem than unwanted trophies, my DAI game will not load past the sync trophies screen, I though I had a corrupted file or something so I back up Gan

me date on flash drive and purged all game date, saved Game (both on console and online storage), DLC, patches, and the game. But when I reinstalled as if new game same problem, so I can't even start a new game. The only thing I could not delete is the trophies, I think that's all that left, I'd appreciate any help on getting it up and running again

Message 9 of 9 (15,792 Views)
0 Likes