First Son
4 posts

Re: Disney Infinity freezing

Aug 18, 2013

Same issue.  Game completely locks up and is useless.  PS3 can't even exit the program -- it ends up rebooting itself when I try to exit the game through the system menu.

I pressed [Start] in the first screen where you are a spark, and it locked up immediately.  Attempting to access the options menu appears to lock it up every time.  Rebooting results in corrupted game data which must all be deleted.

Message 21 of 163 (3,860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Just bought Disney Infinity for PS3 this morning and having the exact same issue.  Freezes as soon as we finish the intro/demo and put a character on the base.  Very frustrating.  Has anyone heard if there is a fix yet or when the expected fix will be here?  How could they release a game with such a ridiculous defect?

Message 22 of 163 (3,848 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Disney tweeted "For those who have reached out about issues with the PS3, we are working on it right now and will be back with more info soon!"

Message 23 of 163 (3,839 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

been happening with my system as well it only freezes when in the toy box we try to do anything other than go to into the world..if we try to get oine of the "toys" we have found or anything else it freezes.....the playsets work fine

Message 24 of 163 (3,822 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 18, 2013

OMG - seriously people - what a hunk of junk this game is.

My son is only 9 and has been counting down the days to getting this game. What a HUGE disapointment.

We get it home - set it up - set up his online account etc.  We get past the introduction video and get to where we can put figure on base and it HANGS EVERY TIME.  We have to completely exit the game - restart it and when we do restart it says saved game is corrupted so we have to delete it and start all over again. I am already sick and tired of watching your intro video because we have HAD to watch it 4 times already...

I did check our PS3 system and it is at latest update - all other games work just fine.

Message 25 of 163 (3,765 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 18, 2013

MAY be related to linking online Disney Account? -

https://twitter.com/JohnVignocchi/status/369175929995534337

Message 26 of 163 (3,758 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 18, 2013

mdbickle wrote:

OMG - seriously people - what a hunk of junk this game is.

My son is only 9 and has been counting down the days to getting this game. What a HUGE disapointment.

We get it home - set it up - set up his online account etc.  We get past the introduction video and get to where we can put figure on base and it HANGS EVERY TIME.  We have to completely exit the game - restart it and when we do restart it says saved game is corrupted so we have to delete it and start all over again. I am already sick and tired of watching your intro video because we have HAD to watch it 4 times already...

I did check our PS3 system and it is at latest update - all other games work just fine.

Good learning experience for your son then....things don't always go the way you want them to go.    Getting all bent out of shape about it in front of him isn't setting a good example.

Aggravating things happen, and they'll happen again.  Yes I'm flustered by it but they'll fix it, and it'll work.  

Message 27 of 163 (3,738 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 18, 2013
That's the exact scenario we are having. Kids actually did get to play it for awhile, then it froze up and kicked them out and said the game save was corrupted. Now we can't get past the tutorial.
Message 28 of 163 (3,630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Mark another one up for the freeze. I don't think it would be AS bad if it didn't corrupt the save and make us start all over. 

This an EA Level F*kup, Disney. This is what happenes when you cut back on testing... 

Message 29 of 163 (3,624 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

ok i am having the same issue with it freezing up i am now going to try deleteing everything and reinstall without the update and we will see if it works. i am hopeful that not installing the update and reinstalling the whole thing again will help i will keep eveyrbodu updated.

Message 30 of 163 (3,564 Views)
0 Likes