First Son
4 posts

Re: Disney Infinity freezing

Aug 18, 2013

Disable your PS3 Internet connection, and it will work fine. 

Message 51 of 163 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Same issues here! Disconnect from Internet worked, play as a guest. Everyone needs to submit Report a Bug on Infinty website so they fix it! https://infinity.disney.com/contact-us#
Message 52 of 163 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Trying this without the internet, 4th time through the long intro...personally my favorite part is the parkour Mickey (dude should tryout for American Ninja!)...hoping I can play this game...I had played for a while but the toybox kept freezing. Will update yall later!

Message 53 of 163 (1,114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

My son bought Disney Infinity this morning and it worked fine for the first hour or so.  Then the freezing issues started.  We've had to quit and restart the game several times.  At this point it freezes every time we're prompted to place a figure on the portal (after going through the looong intro... 4X now!!)   Very discouraging! 

We're getting the 'corrupt save file' messages too.  Had to delete them before we could restart the game two times.

Message 54 of 163 (1,106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Considering that the issue appears to be related strictly to online content, and it's happening on a massive launch day -- it is unfortunate, but understandable.  The extreme load that is being put on their servers right now by the (potentially millions) of users all accessing their systems at once is probably crippling.  In normal (non-launch-day) use, this would never happen.  However, the PS3 version certainly is unable to cope with whatever results it is receiving from communication attempts, and is dying.  

The simple fix -- disable PS3 Internet connection before starting the game.  

Message 55 of 163 (1,093 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Same boat here.  Upon later startups it asks me to delete the corrupted save data.  I may very well perish if I have to play through this intro one more time.  Going to try unlinking my PS3 account with Disney Interactive to see if that helps any.  

Message 56 of 163 (1,088 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Think deeper....  what happens when you don't install the patch?   Online content is disabled.

You can also install the patch, and disable online content by turning off the PS3 internet connection.

Both result in a working game.  Removing the patch triggers the fix -- but the patch itself is otherwise fine.

Message 57 of 163 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Im going to try this when i get home. Hope that solves the problem. My poor son spend $100 of his money to get this game.
Message 58 of 163 (1,071 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013
We are having the same problem with the ps3 version. Bought it this morning, worked fine until we tried to open any menu or pause in the toy box. We bought it this morning and returned it, thinking it was defective product, got home and tried the new one and ended up with worse problems than the last time. It's frustrating...
We've been online seeing if any others have had this issue as well, turns out that you all are...
Game looks amazing, but starting to get fed up with this $150 game investment...
If anyone finds a fix for this, please help us all out. Thank you.
Message 59 of 163 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

so disabling the internet connection worked for a very short time. Got threw the first training part and went into the open green area (toy box i think) pusted start and froze up AGAIN! Currupt files AGAIN. thinking i'm gunna go play something else for a bit till they get this figured out! come on disney we need a patch!

Message 60 of 163 (977 Views)
0 Likes