First Son
2 posts

Re: Disney Infinity freezing

Aug 18, 2013

Wow, Matt, do you work for Disney? That's about the level of customer service I'd expect from them right now.  My son (10) also is very disappointed, even heartbroken.  He saved his money for months and pre-ordered the game.  Then he waited anxiously for weeks for this day to arrive all the while getting barraged by ads about how great this game promised to be. Yes, life can be disappointing. Yes there is hardship. But when you are asked to shell out a HUGE chunk of change for a game made (or at least backed) by a company with a respectable name like Disney it is reasonable to expect the game to actually 

matt5580 wrote:

mdbickle wrote:

OMG - seriously people - what a hunk of junk this game is.

My son is only 9 and has been counting down the days to getting this game. What a HUGE disapointment.

We get it home - set it up - set up his online account etc.  We get past the introduction video and get to where we can put figure on base and it HANGS EVERY TIME.  We have to completely exit the game - restart it and when we do restart it says saved game is corrupted so we have to delete it and start all over again. I am already sick and tired of watching your intro video because we have HAD to watch it 4 times already...

I did check our PS3 system and it is at latest update - all other games work just fine.

Good learning experience for your son then....things don't always go the way you want them to go.    Getting all bent out of shape about it in front of him isn't setting a good example.

Aggravating things happen, and they'll happen again.  Yes I'm flustered by it but they'll fix it, and it'll work.  

WORK.  I believe she was posting because of her frustration about a VERY expensive game not working right out of the box. That doesn't mean she freaked out in front of her kid OR that she needed parenting advice from the likes of you.  Yes an adult has experience and understands things will work out. To a kid this is crushing. 

Beyond that Disney spent $100million designing this **bleep**. If it fails they are already talking about scrapping future console games. That's terrible news for ME because they just acquired Marvel and Star Wars.  But, life is hard right. That your advice? LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 163 (1,476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Everyone with PS3 Disney Infinity try totally disabling your internet connection on the PS3 and play the game.  It seems to be working perfect for us right now.  Disney tweeted that they are working on a patch, so we may have to play offline until that is available

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 163 (1,462 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013
The reason why Disney Infinity is freezing on PS3 us because of the update 01.01. You must delete the update from you save data utility and when you load the game, press circle when it says it has found the latest update, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE 1.01. This is the cause of the freeze. My game hasn't froze since. The only problem is I can't play online. I am waiting for Disney to fix.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 163 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Attention! DELETE THE 01.01 UPDATE. Do not download it. The update is the the problem! I deleted the update, no more freezes.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 163 (1,379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Update to my earler post also. reinstalling completely, not applying the 1.01 update and not logging into PSN worked for about an hour, then froze again, disabled ethernet after deleting the corrupt file and going through the intro again, (6th time) and again worked for awhile, then froze again. 

There sure was enough time to test this before market. ashamed they did a lousy job. If there is not a patch out in the next day or so, mine is going back.  

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 163 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

We went off-line (but still have the 1.01 update downloaded,  from our initial -- and uninformed -- game install) .  It's working for now -- fingers crossed.

If game freezes again, we'll try the re-installing the game, off-line and without the 1.01 update and any other helpful suggestions we've read posted on this forum...

We know nothing is perfect but REALLY??  So many glitches right out of the box??

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 163 (1,309 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Thanks for the link.  Have reported our issues.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 163 (1,215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Our game was fine this morning, but then I accessed some online content and linked my account.

Then I noticed the freezing. And the corruption.

I finally tried this and it worked:
I did not install the update, but then installed the game.
I deleted my link to the PS3 in my Infinity account information.

In the playstation menu I went to the far right (settings) and deactivated the wireless.

It works now.

Sometimes this happens on launch. As I work in the tech industry I recommend contacting Disney Infinity and letting them know you are disappointed.

Bugs happen on launch. It's no excuse, but maybe we can get something out of it.

Play can still happen, just not online.

And, if you're anything like us and spent a lot on the game, that money will be well spent playing the game for now--won't have to access the online features right away. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 163 (1,173 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

My system was doing the same thing....went back to Gamestop and exchanged it

Now the newer new system is doing it again!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 163 (1,129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Same Problem here. We actually got to play for about 3 hours. Got all the characters we purchased into the Hall of  Hero's and then the whole thing locked up. Had to quit the system and it said the data file was corrupt and had to be deleted. Unfortunately this included both the data FILE HAD TO BE DELETED  and the profile. Tried it again and now it doesn't even get past the initial spark tutorial. I even formatted my entire PS3 drive to see if maybe it created a bad sector on the drive, but alas nothing works. Really disappointed, for such an anticipated release this is a very bad fail.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 163 (1,078 Views)
0 Likes