Highlighted
Apr 14 2013
By: Darth_Snider Lombax Warrior 215 posts

Dust 514 Mercenary Pack terms of use

2 replies 173 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

I posted the following in a live chat with one of sony's support staff, and he suggested I repost what I said there, here.

--------

I don't even know if Sony customer support is who I should be talking to, or if I should be contacting CCP directly instead..but I'll speak to both if need be. Here goes.

I've been playing Dust 514 for a few months, and I've purchased a few DLC's for it..but a friend pointed out to me that the terms of use for the content were quietly changed. The game is still in beta, and the terms used to say something to the effect of "all consumable items purchased during the beta phase will be restocked/reimbursed upon both stat wipes and the game's final release." Not the exact wording, but the implication being that when the game's retail build becomes available, the Mercenary Pack will be restocked.

But the terms changed, and the above isn't in the new text. My question is simply, will Sony and/or CCP honor the old terms under which I originally bought the DLC, or will I have to repurchase the Mercenary Pack(s; I bought 2!) again upon release?

-----

Is this the appropriate place to be asking about this, or should I be going directly to CCP?

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31526 posts

Re: Dust 514 Mercenary Pack terms of use

Apr 14, 2013

The terms of service were set by CCP, so you should be talking to them. Sony had nothing to do with the terms.  However, you will undoubtedly find that CCP reserved the right to change the terms for the Mercenary Pack subscription at any time, without notice.  Therefore you have no recourse.  The beta has been going on for a long time, and has been open for a while.  CCP may have decided that you got full value for the packs by now, and there is no need to renew them at launch (whenever that happens)  to get people to buy them now.  The beta was originally expected to be shorter. 

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Re: Dust 514 Mercenary Pack terms of use

Apr 15, 2013

Darth_Snider wrote:

I posted the following in a live chat with one of sony's support staff, and he suggested I repost what I said there, here.

--------

I don't even know if Sony customer support is who I should be talking to, or if I should be contacting CCP directly instead..but I'll speak to both if need be. Here goes.

I've been playing Dust 514 for a few months, and I've purchased a few DLC's for it..but a friend pointed out to me that the terms of use for the content were quietly changed. The game is still in beta, and the terms used to say something to the effect of "all consumable items purchased during the beta phase will be restocked/reimbursed upon both stat wipes and the game's final release." Not the exact wording, but the implication being that when the game's retail build becomes available, the Mercenary Pack will be restocked.

But the terms changed, and the above isn't in the new text. My question is simply, will Sony and/or CCP honor the old terms under which I originally bought the DLC, or will I have to repurchase the Mercenary Pack(s; I bought 2!) again upon release?

-----

Is this the appropriate place to be asking about this, or should I be going directly to CCP?

Upon launch all the BPO items (non consumable) from the merc pac, such as the toxin SMG, will carry over to retail

Upon launch (retail) any consumable items from the merc pack will NOT be re-imbursed.

Upon launch any items you bought with AUR, including the extra Skill Points from boosters, will carry over to retail.

Upon launch our skill point expenditures will all be reset to zero but the SP earned will be able to be re-distributed as you see fit.

Did that answer your concerns?      Oh and you would need to contact CCP, not Sony, on this one if you do still have concerns. 

Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)
0 Likes