2 weeks ago

deleted

Message 11 of 149 (743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Re: FEEDBACK REQUESTED 4/16 PlayStation Store Delays

Apr 17, 2013

well for one you could give us some kind of ETA on when we can expect the update, especially now that Asian territories are getting their updates, I would also strongly suggest you guys give Dragon Fantasy a strong push as crap like this could potenially hurt indie games going forward.

I just want to when we can expect the update, even an estimate. With the idea that the PS4 is touting all of this connectivity, situations like this do not give much confidence in that plan. Basically if there is an issue it would be nice to get updates as early as possible, not after everyone is already **bleep** off.

Message 12 of 149 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Apr 17, 2013

And I thought it was a joke that Japan got the Soul Sacrifice demo 2 months prior to launch, and we only get it 2 weeks prior.

**bleep** the rest of us I guess. :smileylol:

Here's an oldie for you. :smileywink:

Message 13 of 149 (718 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I don't understand how Xbox gets their Tuesday store updates by 10 am (sometimes earlier) constantly every time, where Playstation is a complete crapshoot at what time the update will come. As someone mentioned earlier, it's hard to justify a day one digital purchase when you can be playing it all day if you purchase it via retail. Seems like a big missed opportunity to me.

They need to set a standard at what time they will update and make sure to hit it. I understand that things can happen, but letting us know there is a problem long after the update should have occurred is unacceptable. They should know they are not going to hit their target far earlier and shoot out a warning to people.
Message 14 of 149 (679 Views)
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I'm a real big fan of PlayStation and think you guys do a lot of things right.  But compared to the competition, you guys are the worst (by a wide margin) in providing consistent weekly updates at a reliable time.  It's getting harder and harder to defend.  I really hope you guys are able to shore up this problem for the next generation, if not sooner.

Also, the official @PlayStation twitter announced that the update was delayed at 8:39 PT/11:39 ET, but didn't provide any further details.  By that time, everyone waiting for the update already knew that it had been delayed, it was obvious by the fact that the update wasn't up.  The "PlayStation Store Update is delayed" tweet should have gone out 4-6 hours earlier than it did.

I try not to be a complainer, but this is the 2nd time in 2 or 3 weeks that you've had major delays, the other being the PS+ update at the beginning of the month not being posted until several hours later than usual.  Holding to a consistent, reliable schedule is something all PlayStation fans would appreciate.

Message 15 of 149 (665 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I agree totally with the poster above,  everyone ALREADY KNEW the update was delayed.  You did not tell us anything that we didnt already know.

keep this up and I will be looking to MS in the fall.

Message 16 of 149 (625 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Hi,

My main issue with this delay is the lack of communication. Very late Tuesday something like 10pm or 11pm Eastern is the first that you notify anyone that the update will be delayed (or might be delayed). That's pretty crazy especially after the whole hacking incident. I honestly wouldn't be upset at all had someone from Sony just told us up front. The other thing that makes this frustrating is that there's no specific time when the store will update. I've noticed it's around 7:30pm Eastern. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Why can't a specific time be allocated? Playing the waiting game week to week is not fun and it's worse when you're waiting for no reason, because Sony wasn't communicating the issue. I understand holding out hope that the issue might be resolved and no one will know, but there needs to be a cutoff time that's earlier than 10 or 11pm. I spend a lot of money on psn titles and day 1 digitals so I feel I have the right to be frustrated by these circumstances. I also understand the ps4 will supposedly fix a lot of these issues, but we're currently dealing with ps3 and it's just not fun.

Thanks,

Jurrbbe

Message 17 of 149 (622 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Ya know guys its inconsistent at best , but when its good it's really good. I got more games than I can shake a stick at for free. Think about it.

However, I never intterupt my "real life"scheduele to play a video game.I might stay up a little later to play, but life comes first and the obligations that go along with it. It's just got to be that way. Im one of those guys that have a backlog so big I wont need a PS4 for 2 years.

Go to sleep and look at it tomorrow.When its there it will be like Christmas all over again"Soul Sacrifice".

Now go to bed and start thinking of sugar plum fairies. Im in California and there are lots of those here.

Message 18 of 149 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Absolute garbage. Playstation fails to deliver yet another update on time, and blames it on ongoing maintenance. When will Sony be able to release steady, on time updates? Make it MIDNIGHT Pacific time, WE DON'T CARE. As long as we know when to expect it, and it's delivered on time, we are happy. It sickens me how there are 3000 comments on the PSBlog, yet there isn't ONE moderator to notify the people that it won't be arriving that night. Disgusting.

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 19 of 149 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah, I've been a XBL member for the last 9 years and even in the early days of the 360's I can't ever remember this happening on XBL marketplace.

You guys need to get something figured out so people aren't sitting around trying to figure out what's going on. Pretty sure MS does there update at like 2 am PST. If you did this then you would have the morning to work on any problems. Give us a 10am PST deadline and start the update at Midnight to give yourself time. If we wake up and it's done then great.

It would seem you guys really have a week to get things sorted out, because you should start when the last update is done.

Message 20 of 149 (564 Views)
0 Likes