First Son
2 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Sep 16, 2012

model: CECHH01
40 GB default, factory HDD

Wireless

Updated from 4.21 (worked fine) 

After applying the 4.25 update, the Blu-ray disk drive fails to detect any game or video (DVD/Blu-ray) disc media.  Internet and PlayStation Store works fine, however, we'd like to play the games we already have.

Message 71 of 728 (1,028 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I'm not sure the gig size of my unit, but it's 3 years old.  The unit was working PERFECTLY, and the 4.25 update has rendered it useless.  The update uploaded successfully, but will not install.  It gets to 99% and then errors out, when trying to install.  I tried to enter safe mode to install manually, but when safe mode comes up, it's still trying to intall the update.  My entire unit is useless.  I called tech service, and they said nothing was wrong with the updatem, that something must be wrong with my hard drive.  BS!!!!  It worked fine before the upgrade, and apparently ALOT of people are having issues.  This is ridiculous. 

Message 72 of 728 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I'm not sure of the size.  It was running 4.21.  It's a slimline.  4.25 uploaded, but will not install.  It's stuck on a Intall loop.  I tried to maunally install in safe mode, but even in safe mode the install screen is all that comes up.  The unit worked FLAWLESSLY before the install of 4.25.  Tech service said it's not possibe that 4.25 caused it, but that's bs!  It seems like alot of people have just had the same problems.  MY PS3 is now junk, and I'm not sure I would ever but another one as it was crashed by a SONY update.

Message 73 of 728 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Original 60gb PS3. Just updated this morning. Feed freeses and makes watching the NFL Sunday Ticket impossible. Was fine last week but since update this morning it's not working well AT ALL. A very expensive useless application so far!!! I hope that there is a refund of some sorts for this...

Message 74 of 728 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Sep 16, 2012

I updated a 160gb (upgraded to 500gb) PS3 slim from 4.21 to 4.25 and now there are some issues reading disks and hangs in some games. Trying to play bluray movies works for about 5 minutes and then it seems to be skipping frames as it appears as if it's in slow motion, DVDs seem to be fine. Also some games are now hanging fairly frequently, particularly Mass Effect 3 in multiplayer. Once it's hung the PS button has no effect but I can eject the game and it returns back to the XMB

Message 75 of 728 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 16, 2012
still says corupt data then black screen over and over and my last update was 4.20 high speed wireless internet 320gb.slim hdd is factory my wife 60gb fat the rest same
Message 76 of 728 (973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2012

FatFeat boy model ...CECHH01 40GB; was playing COD yesterday morning, was prompted to install v4.25 firmware update. After update was installed, the unit completely shut down.  It started up one more time before shutting downagain and  the reindicator light started flashing red.  

I called tech support, went through the usual trouble shooting process as directed by the tech. None of the techniques the tech was telling me to do worked. He informed me that it was an internal issue and that we would have to send it in for service @ 99.00. After declining this service, I asked to speak with a supervisor after doing my research on this forum and seeing that many others were having issues post installation of the new firmware update.   supervisor insisted that this incident was coincidental and that it had to do with the fact that our model was purchased in 2008; making it "old".  My playstation, despite being almost 5 years old, was in PERFECT condition both internally and externally before this update. 

After arguing my point and trying to have them wave the 99 dollar fee because it was something out of my controll.  All they could offer me was a free playstion game. And more so than anything, would not admit to the fact that this issue could have been related to the firmware update. After 2 supervisors and 3 techs denied us on waving the 99 service fee I informed them that I would be contacting both the FCC and my states attorney generals office to file a formal complaint against playstation. I am waiting for a response from both of those agencies. 

I find this completely unfair that there is a known issue with their new update and they are not taking any responsibility to help their consumers on their losses especially when it was something beyondour controll. 

Hs anyone else had similar issues?

Message 77 of 728 (956 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 16, 2012

60gig fat day one ps3.

update failed, now all it will do is continue to try and update, then fail again.

This update bricked my ps3 and boy am i **bleep**.

never buy sony again.

so i should pay to send in so you pricks can fix what YOU broke?

blow me.

Message 78 of 728 (943 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Every time I eject disc or turn system off.....when it gets turned  back on it says it wasshutdown improperly and  has to file restore...every time and games freeze........... slim ps3 250 gig and did all updates as they became available 

Message 79 of 728 (931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 16, 2012

• Your PS3 Model, Hard drive size (phat/slim, GB size, default/custom HDD)
    ^Slim, 120gb, default HDD. If it's any further help, I bought it 3 years ago near the Modern Warfare 2 launch.
  • Internet connection (wired/wireless)
  • ^Wireless.

Did you update to 4.25 from version 4.20 or 4.21 (4.21 was an optional update that was not required)
^I'm not entirely sure, can I check somehow? But otherwise, I'm fairly sure I did update from 4.21.

I noticed while starting to play Dead Island and Overlord: Raising Hell that the games kept freezing at normal times (non-particle heavy) after the patch. This never happened before the patch, I could play for 3+ straight hours...now it's sometimes around 2-3 before it decides to freeze on me. The first time it froze, it was only the game (I could still hit my dashboard). The rest of the times, the whole system froze.

Note, my PS3 is not cramped in a cabinet or somewhere very hot. It's even 6+ inches from the wall outlet/area. It's standing up.

Message 80 of 728 (917 Views)
0 Likes