First Son
2 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] 4.25 Firmware Update Issues

Sep 16, 2012

HI!

Two day ago I updated from 4.21 to 4.25. 

I have slim, 60gb default hdd and wireless connection(always used wireless)

What I did before update: 

Played Skyrim for 2-3 hours. Worked fine.

Playde FIFA 12 online(ultimate team) for coupple of hours, worked fine.

Got bored and downloaded FIFA 13 demo. Then I got told by ps3 to update to 4.25. So I did.

Played FIFA 13, but it lagged all the time. Sometimes the game froze and sometime the sound disappeared. Thought this was the demo and quitted fifa13.

Started FIFA 12 again and played FUT. Same thing happened. Nothing when I'm in the games menu, but when playing matches the game's lagging alot, and sound disappear. 

Thought this might be a connection issue, so tried a match against cpu(not in FUT), but same issue, gameplay lagg and sound lagg.

Quitted fifa 12 and started Skyrim. Both in cities and in caves the game lag. 

Tried Little big planet 1, and same there. Unplayable because of lag. 

Also I tried to play Borderlands local coop, but the same here. The game lag alot.

So my problems after 4.25 i basically lag, both gameplay and sound. And that games sometime freezes. Both ofline and online gameplay. My ps3 has alot of space around itself, is free of dust and stands in a basement with aproximately 20 degree celsius. 

It has never runned warm before and neither now, so thats clearly not the problem. 

Message 81 of 728 (1,212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2012

Hi,

Just got a new Slim 300Gb PS3 last week ... retreived all my content from my broken original 60Gb machine which took about 6 hours. Now I have no network update after upgrading from 4.21.

I have a wired connection.

Hope this can be repaired and will not requre me to re download my content again.

Message 82 of 728 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I don't want to update after seeing all of the problems people are having.  Why is Sony making a mandatory update for increased PS+ storage.  I'm not a PS+ member so the update is useless to me but now I can't log into the Playstation Network or watch anything on Netflix without updating.

Message 83 of 728 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 17, 2012

My PS3's connection to the Playstation Network is very very slow since the update despite my internet connection working on all other devices just fine

• Slim Model. 160GB - Default Drive
  • Wired Internet Connection.  ( NOTE: Tried downloading stuff from PSN in wired and wireless and still same issue....SLOW SPEEDS. 37 MB FILE FROM Madden 13 - 181mins smh)
  • Updated from 4.20  

This update ruined PS3's internet Connection. All games are laggy online since the update and downloading anything from PSN is very slow

Message 84 of 728 (1,134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Update:

The HDD is now being marked as defective by Windows and HDD Hard Disk Sentinel 3.40 showed and marked the 500 GB HDD, western Digital, Scorpio Blue 5400 rpm as with 589 predictive failure errors..

trying to restore somehow the disk.. in order to restore data...

Message 85 of 728 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

I have a slim PS3, originally bought in 2010 with a 120G HD, which I upgraded to a blue scopio 500 gig western digital.

I installed 4.25, after installing 4.21 recently. I am also a Playstation Plus member.

My system downloaded the update and when it tried to install it gets to 99% and then fails. The system tried many times to installed it, getting stuck in a loop always ending at 99%.

Eventually it came to a stop and says error code 8002F310, which means 'Unable to Update' and for me to call tech support.

I have not called because of the run around I am going to get and that I will be expected to cough up $99.00

This is my second PS3 and I am looking for this to be fixed without it costing me anything, as clearly it is an issue with your software.

Message 86 of 728 (1,119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

-Model: Original 60GB (CECHA01) w/ Original HDD.
-Internet: Wired
-Updated from v4.20

After installing 4.25, (No issues during install) I played some MW3 online. Everything was fine till about 2 hours in, where the system reset & gave a flashing red LED. Never having heat problems prior to this, I turned the system back on & made another attempt. (File system checked/restored w/ no issues) Just moments after entering a match, the same thing occurs.

After this, I decide to try Persona 4 Arena, (Offline) which I played for around an hour & a half, w/o problems.

I eagerly await the fix, thanks.

Message 87 of 728 (1,084 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 17, 2012

i have 2 slim models in my home one for me and one for my son . i updated from whatever version to 4.25 on both now i cant connect or stay connected to playstation network  or play games online . this happened after the update. the ppl at tech support told me i need to send them both in and have them repaired ???!!!! seriously ???!!!!  my playstations are less than 6 months old ill take them back to walmart and get store credit and buy xbox games after reading of all the ppl havng the same problems on here i can plainly see it was the fault of playstation and there new update that has crashed my ps3's . its a shame they have had 5 days to send a patch to repair there screw up and have done nothing 

Message 88 of 728 (1,068 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I have band new 320GB Slim (3 months old) and have been using PS Bluetooth Mic successfully since. Upgrade 2 days ago v4.25 won't register Bluetooth anymore. Why such trouble w updates?? Code writers need to work with those experts who wrote code from start. I play BO Zombies and Duty Pls Help!! Don't make me buy XBox!!!!!!!!!!
Message 89 of 728 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Slim 160GB model. cant remeber the serial but it was the NHL11 bundle. (North America)
Output with HDMI to a 52" Bravia XBR
Updated from 4.21 to 4.25

Now experiancing intermittent detection issues on the Bravia.
Especially noticable during P&P but works with minor hassle as the main channel and enabling PiP.
Still a huge hassle. Disconnected my PS3 and hooked up my old unit which is still on 3.14 (3.?? anyway)  to make sure the
issue wasnt the TV itself.

Message 90 of 728 (1,012 Views)
0 Likes