First Son
22 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket Issues

Oct 14, 2012
gruntz, according to The 506's NFL maps, the SE corner of North Carolina has the MIN-WSH game. Everyone else has NYG-SF. So unless you're in that SE area, you should be getting the game on the Ticket. And if you are in that SE area, you have it locally. The 506 forums are discussing NFL ST blackout errors, so it's a DTV thing, not just you individually.
Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 196 (432 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Ahhhh.thanks for the info!
Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 196 (426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 14, 2012
  • What issue(s) are you experiencing? (error message, buffering, spinning wheel, picture quality) - Spinning wheel, jumping backward and forward, having to switch to another game and back just to get it working again.  missed ended of game today because of "spinning wheel" - once game came back on it said my game had ended... also, joystick broke into 100 pieces, but that's on me :smileyhappy:
  • Who is your ISP? Time Warner - Road Runner
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection? wireless - but have used both and same issues exist
  • What is the make & model of your router? Netgear CGD24G
  • When did the issue occur? started since week one of season, but has gotten worse every week
  • In what state are you located? NC

Speed test show that im running around 17 mb/s download and 2 mb/s upload. 

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 196 (425 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 15, 2012
Good luck bread. No joy here in nc
Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 196 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 15, 2012

So it seems like things improved a bit. The quality wasn't great but the feed only froze once. I was able to watch the entire Seahawks-Pats game start to finish and I'm sure it was one of the most popular games of the week. It was also an afternoon game which is where these problems typically have been showing up. Good sign and an indicator that the DirecTV team may be optimizing things a bit. I hope it continues to  improve.

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 196 (387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Too late for me. I FINALLY got my refund (after some really angry calls and emails). The service never worked correctly for me and I for one am glad to be rid of it.  I am glad they got things figured out after 6 weeks. Sunday Ticket on PS3 can kiss my grits!

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 196 (348 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Joystick_Warrior,

Is there any update from Sony in regards to this thread?  Have the issues been looked into?  If so, what is being done?

Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 196 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Trying to watch redskins game today. 3:50pm eastern time. Game is frozen. Spinning wheel if death. Game has shuddered today.  This is the second major freeze up today. Had to reboot the ps3 last time as it locked up as it would not exit the application.   When it does work it's always blurry and hurts your eyes after some time. Pre game shows were all jumpy and blurry as well. 

Fyi. 

Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 196 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 21, 2012

This must be broken.  Its Sunday and noone is complaining.... :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 196 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

I've had the problem on the blackouts myself. Got the app so we could watch the Bucs games, and the first one was blacked out even though I'm in Auburn, AL (this area falls into the Falcons market, I believe). This had me very confused on the rules for a bit, but the last home Bucs game that was blacked out I was able to see so maybe they resolved it.

Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 196 (175 Views)
0 Likes