PlayStation Support
4419 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket Issues

Oct 10, 2012

A_G_2_D_N wrote:

Hello, is there anybody out there from sony? Are we even gonna get a request feedback statement? I guess that really does not matter anyway right.

To clarify, this thread is meant to gather information from you guys about the problems you are experiencing. The info is gathered here and sent to the development team. From there they will work on narrowing down what is causing these specific issues for specific people.

J_W

Message 101 of 196 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Would it be possible to ask those teams for an update each weekend? It would be nice to know if I need to make plans to watch the game at a bar or if the tech teams feel they have resolved the issue and I will be able to use the service and watch from home.

Message 102 of 196 (251 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Here we go. Week 6 and its 10:45est and Red Zone is buffering ever 10 secs or so. I have been waitting for my refund for 14 days. If its not there tomorrow or its denied then we gonna have some problems!

Message 103 of 196 (199 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2012
  • What issue(s) are you experiencing? (error message, buffering, spinning wheel, picture quality)

Buffering/Spinning wheel.

picture quality

It's literally unwatchable as the frequency of the spinning wheel is about once every 2-3 mins.

• Who is your ISP?

Brighthouse Networks (Central FL).  40Mbps down, 6Mbps up.

• Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Wireless, though I have also tried to wire the connection and that offered no improvement.

• What is the make & model of your router?

Apple Time Capsule (Airport Extreme) 4th generation

• When did the issue occur?

Has been happening all this year (every week, since week 1).  Last year, it was much better which is why I subscribed again.  Note that I have literally no issues streaming Netflix or Amazon, etc to my PS3.  I'm not sure what changes were made since the end of last season, but they have definitely not improved my experience.

• In what state are you located?

Florida

Message 104 of 196 (193 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

So far no spinning wheel on the detroit game. But good god the picture is awful (really low quality, very pixelated)

EDIT: Spoke too soon...the buffering hasd already started. But its not lasting but only for a second or two.

EDIT: OK just skipped an entire kick return...the game keeps buffering every 30 secs or so and is becomming unwatchable.

Message 105 of 196 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 14, 2012

My refund happened within days. I was called on Monday, they said the refund was going my way and I had it by Wednesday. They did take away the $30 in PS store credits they gave me to give me the full refund, which is fine.

Anyways... I have discovered that since I cannot get DTV where I live, I can actually get the DTV mobile package for $250. Same thing you get on the PS3, but it actually works away from the PS3 on your laptop and phone. And, you can still use it on the PS3.

How is this relevant? Welll, if I crash on the PS3, and I don't on mobile/laptop, that provides a very critical detail to the situation we've been experiencing in recent weeks by pinning my issues on the PS3 solely and not DTV. If the issues happen even on mobile, then we know it's a DTV issue.

Message 106 of 196 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2012
  • What issue(s) are you experiencing? (error message, buffering, spinning wheel, picture quality)- poor picture quality, buffering, spinning wheel
  • Who is your ISP?- Time Warner 50mb down and 5mb up
  • Are you using a wired or wireless connection? - wired with CAT6 and all gigabit
  • What is the make & model of your router? - Linksys EA3500
  • When did the issue occur? - Every week since week 1
  • In what state are you located? - North Carolina

This is absolutely attrocious.  The same thing happened last week until around Week 10.  I don't have any problems streaming anything else in complete high quality.  This is clearly a streaming issue with the service and I don't think I'll be purchasing this again.

Message 107 of 196 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Ok, here is its, week 6, the Bears are off this week, and will be on Monday Night next week, but I'm still trying to watch Sunday Ticket.  It's still freezing and buffereing, with the spinning wheel of death.  And when it plays it's clear for a minute, then it's so blocky faces look like squares instead of faces.  it really looks worse than standard def, oh and i'm watching the Lions/Eagles game, I just saw the kickoff skip on the run back to the next play, didn't see half the kick off, studder...  freeze, pass incomplete.  Replay the downn and oh spinning wheel of death..............  next play.  blocky and i can only tell i have white jerseys vs dark jerseys.  freeze......wheel spinning..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

next play, vick runs to the sideline, skip to him on the ground

this is beyond retarded

i'm done

you should really be refunding anyone on this forum with a full refund for suffering with your sub par service.  if it were a car i'd lemon law it.

i'm so mad

Message 108 of 196 (175 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I just called again and they submitted ANOTHER request (this should be the 2ns or 3rd ). They are telling me another 10-15 days ( for the most recent). How does a refund take 10-15 days to approve, then another 5-7 for the money to be put in my account. NOTHING should take that long.

Message 109 of 196 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 14, 2012
What issue(s) are you experiencing? Feed buffers about every half minute or so, picture quality is often poor/pixelated, often get messages when switching between games that server is unavailable
Who is your ISP? Time Warner, 11mbps down, 1 mbps up
Are you using a wired or wireless connection?wired
What is the make & model of your router? Cisco lynksys wrt160n
When did the issue occur? Every week this year
In what state are you located? ohio

This service worked nearly fawless with the same hardware and isp last year. It is unwatchable this year. I was holding out that these issues would ironed out as the season went on, but I'm losing hope at this point. Will most likely be asking for a refund.
Message 110 of 196 (161 Views)
0 Likes