Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] NFL Sunday Ticket Issues

Oct 7, 2012

After working flawlessly in week one and then weeks 2-4 completely non-functional, at least the red zone channel is working correctly this week. Honestly, the whole thing is a debacle. How can it take until week 5 to sort this crap out? Especially since the service was offered last year. Rinky dink, cracker jack service from Sony, and I will never purchase another Sony product after this mess. All of my multi-plat games will be on the 360 and no Sony electronics. Terrible service and poor support. Oh, and payment up front for a service they had to know would have issues. No weekly refunds in grown-up money. I don't want funny money added to my Sony wallet. I'm an adult, give me my money back so I can buy a burger and a beer with it at my local bar with a funtional Sunday Ticket.

Some snippets from my time with tech support.

Tech: "My supervisor is on the phone with DirectTV now." Oh, well I'm sure that will clear this massive issue right up.

Another one:

Me: "So what's the problem?"

Tech: "I don't know."

Me: "Are they working on it?"

Tech: "Yes"

Me: What are they working on?

Tech: "I don't know"

Me: "Do you know when it will be fixed"

Tech: "I don't know."

Me: "Thanks"

*Click*

Passing the buck:

Tech: "It looks like a problem with your ISP or your connection speeds"

Me: "I watch Netflix videos in HD all the time"

Tech: "Oh, shoot. Well I would still call them." For what? To thank them for their fine service?

Best trouble-shooting advice I got through all this was, "Well, see if it works next week." Thanks Sony. Spot on help there.

Message 51 of 196 (475 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Oct 7, 2012
I to believe its server issues. I find it hard to believe between Sony and Direct TV and the $300 fee that they don't have the resources to fix this problem.
Message 52 of 196 (472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 7, 2012

here we go again , picking up 2 games that are showing on my cable on sunday ticket but am blacked out of a game in new york ,

Message 53 of 196 (453 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 7, 2012
right on man
Message 54 of 196 (450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 7, 2012

only two noticeable lags on the pittsburgh vs philly game...this big test will be denver vs new england later today

Message 55 of 196 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Same garbage as in previous weeks. I have given up and have found other means to watch the games with zero problems. I expect my full refund. If they don't approve the refund then we are going to have some problems.
Message 56 of 196 (414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 7, 2012

I've already lagged twice when I flipped it over to that game after watching Browns-Giants with no issues.

I have my phone beside me, ready to call Sony and chew them out for the third straight week (and if you count Week 2, four straight weeks of issues) -- especially if there are issues watching the Niners game, which is the specific reason I bought the package. And if I have to call Sony, I will cancel the package, and I will call the BBB.

Message 57 of 196 (407 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Aaaaaand it begins....
Message 58 of 196 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Is it safe to say Sony/Direct TV doesn't care about this issue? Or their Customers?
Sony PS3: $250
Sunday Ticket on PS3: $300
Not being able to watch your favorite NFL team on Sunday: PRICELESS!
Message 59 of 196 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Red Zone, which is usally perfect, is lagging and freezing a bit today. :smileymad:

Message 60 of 196 (373 Views)
0 Likes