Jan 01 2013
By: BustedCondumbs First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Forgot My PSN I.D....Please Help! :((

4 replies 521 views Edited Jan 1, 2013
I had created it about 2 yrs back but earlier last yr something had went wrong with my system, so I didn't bother to fix it till about 10 months later. As I was getting ready to go back online, My mind just went full "BLANK" on remembering what email I used. I know the user name & I know the PW, because its the same PW I use for everything else. I just need to know the email so I can get back on. I had so many accomplishments on that account. If you can help me get it back, that'd be great. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (521 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Forgot My PSN I.D....Please Help! :((

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

I'm in the same situation.

I went through a phase where i had to create new email addresses to create new accounts on PSN. That was many years ago and those e-mail addresses were used solely for the purpose of creating said PSN accounts. Well I finally stuck with one and just had it on auto-sign in for all these years and it was just never an issue. Sony never once required me to check that email address for anything except (maybe) when I first signed up...so I never did (why log into an email address if you don't need to check it for anything?).

Well fast forward to today where I just restored my system defaults on my PS3 to get mass effect 3 to work. The game worked, but it deleted the auto-fill in information when signing onto PSN. I have no idea what email address I used. I tried all the ones I could think of, but I know there's more that I simply cannot remember due to the fact I never had to use them for anything other than creating this account. So I figured I could call Sony Support, speak to an agent, and get them to help me figure out what email address I used. Afterall, I went through the same issue with my Wells Fargo online bank sign-in ID, my netflix logon ID (which was also an old email address I never used anymore), my credit card online log-in ID, etc...and they all helped me locate my login ID so I could recover my account.  Not Sony...they said they could research what that email address is based on my displayed online ID, but that they could not give out that information. I called twice just to verify because I couldn't believe what I was hearing...my account is lost forever or until I somehow remember what that email address is.

So that's where I'm right now...I lost hundreds of dollars worth of DLC and all my hundreds and hundreds of hours spent racking up stats and climbing through tournament leagues in various games (mainly hot shots golf). The CSRs at Sony Support were very friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to help out. Unfortunately, they simply had no procedure to follow to help us out in this situation. 

After researching this issue, it seems like it's the same scenario with everyone else who lost their accounts. People wanted a new online display name and thus had to create a new email address to create a new account. Since those email address' sole use was only to create the new PSN account thus leaving no reason to every sign into it again, people forgot what it was. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (513 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10751 posts

Jan 2, 2013
No one here can help you. Call Sony.
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 10, 2013
I appreciate your help a lot! You basically answered everything I went through lol It just makes mad at the fact SONY cant tell me which email I used. If only I knew :/ Someone told me to call sony & tell them my cereal # on the back of my system. They told me that could be an option. I'm gonna try that & see if it'll work. (Sorry about the late reply) You were VERY helpful! I really hope the both of us find some luck along the way as to get are old accounts back.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2013
what happens when sony doesn't answer and i sit on hold for 2 hrs i restored my ps3 and the email i had used got deleted because i hadnt used it in 3 years
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (393 Views)
0 Likes