Re: Forgot password and used fake email

May 15, 2011

THANK YOU SONY WE LOVE YOU

Message 11 of 20 (1,430 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2012

All u guys have to do is call sony and tell them you forgot your password and you used a fake email address then they are going to ask you if you have another email that isnt being used on psn.(IF YOU DONT HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL MAKE ONE BEFORE YOU CALL) then they are going to switch the emails on the account you lost BUT you have to wait 24-48 hours Hope this helped

Message 12 of 20 (1,424 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jul 30, 2012

And when you call, you need your ps3's serial number, and your ps3 had to have been activated on that account already.

Message 13 of 20 (1,421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 12, 2013
If you used a fake email, try to create the email, (if it is fake and no one actually has the email taken) create it, then as you're signing in hit the "forgot password" button and it will send an email to the fake email, but if you created it, just sign on and receive it.
Message 14 of 20 (1,345 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15581 posts

May 13, 2013

OriginalNSVR wrote:
If you used a fake email, try to create the email, (if it is fake and no one actually has the email taken) create it, then as you're signing in hit the "forgot password" button and it will send an email to the fake email, but if you created it, just sign on and receive it.

Did you read the thread?

Because everything you said was already mentioned before.

Not a good first post. Also, make sure to look at the timestamp.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 15 of 20 (1,326 Views)
MVP Support
8290 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

Why do people still use fake emails, anyway?  Everybody and their brother offers free webmail addresses that work just fine for registering for services such as PSN.  If you are worried about getting spam, I have an email account (from a free email service) that I ONLY use for PSN, and I have only ever received emails from Sony.  I have never received third-party spam at my PSN email address.

If an action is taken against your PSN account (ban, suspension, etc) your email is the only way you will get notification as to why the action was taken.

Fake birthdates, fake email addresses, next thing someone is going to say is that they used a fake password... :smileyfrustrated:

Message 16 of 20 (1,306 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 13, 2013

You could try contacting Support and telling them you forgot you Password. And maybe you could work it out. Or just create the email you used and it should work.

Message 17 of 20 (1,107 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2493 posts

May 13, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Why do people still use fake emails, anyway?  Everybody and their brother offers free webmail addresses that work just fine for registering for services such as PSN.  If you are worried about getting spam, I have an email account (from a free email service) that I ONLY use for PSN, and I have only ever received emails from Sony.  I have never received third-party spam at my PSN email address.

If an action is taken against your PSN account (ban, suspension, etc) your email is the only way you will get notification as to why the action was taken.

Fake birthdates, fake email addresses, next thing someone is going to say is that they used a fake password... :smileyfrustrated:

Fake birthdates makes sense if you don't want to permanently have a sub-account.

Message 18 of 20 (998 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

May 14, 2013

OMG!

First of all, using any "wrong" or "disingenuous" information in the creation of a PSN account is against the ToS.

Please review.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=psn%20user%20agreement&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&...

Now, I know we all think we have to protect ourselves, to the point of out witting ourselves at times.  Just the same, if and when you wish to create ANY account, and use information that is not True, make sure you WRITE IT DOWN.

Not to say; no one ever does it, but it is the most widely used method to deter information thieves from getting pertinent information about you and possible access to more sensitive things.  Just the same, when creating a false identity or fabricating false details as part of your ruse, WRITE IT DOWN.

Now writing it down on a piece of paper may defeat the purpose, if you carry it around with you, leave it out for all to see, or simply lose it.  Try building a spreadsheet of "lies" and "truths", Hise, and Encode the Spreadsheet, Hide and Encode the Workbook, Encode the File, and put it into a secured vault on a secure thumb drive.  This way, you need only remember a few passwords or details, and you have a library of keys and information only you can see.  As long as you don't lose the passwords for that.

Just the same, if you use a fake email account, WRITE IT DOWN!  Not many people possess a photographic memory, and not all information is needed on a daily basis.  As a result, and as humans, we are prone to forget things from time to time.  It is best to keep information that will be needed at some point in a handy place.

Now as far as the OP problem, I still fall back on my first statement, providing false information in the creation of a PSN ID and/or account is against the PSN Tos (That's Terms of Service, and they should be read, not skipped just to say "Accept " and get on with the game).

In case you missed it, here they are again.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=psn%20user%20agreement&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&...

I am sorry for your troubles.  Try to think further ahead next time.  I wish you luck.

Moble

Message 19 of 20 (454 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4580 posts

May 14, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

Fake birthdates makes sense if you don't want to permanently have a sub-account.

If someone uses an email, birthday, etc. that they can't remember, it better be for something they don't care about - especially because they could lose access to it for going against the TOS.  As mentioned, it's easy enough to just make a new email that you can remember.  It's equally easy to make a "fake" birthday that you can remember, e.g. just add a decade to your age.  I understand why people might want to fake it, but I don't understand why they'd create a birthdate they can't remember.  Hopefully I didn't give anyone ideas, but if they can't realize this themselves, I don't think they're likely to pull it off anyway :smileytongue:.

Message 20 of 20 (419 Views)
0 Likes