Oct 05 2012
By: Dragon__Ed First Son 3 posts

Getting random disconnections..

11 replies 533 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

I dont know what's going on, but for the last few months I've been getting disconnected from the PSN variably from either 5 mins into the connection or even 2 hours into it.
I have no idea whats wrong with my connection and it's driving me up the wall.
And yes, I've done it wirelessly, but I've not had this problem before, and I'm even on a wired connection now and I'm STILL getting disconnected D:

Any help would be appreciated..

Message 1 of 12 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Getting random disconnections..

Oct 7, 2012
First, a few questions:

1) Have you tried power-cycling your router?
2) Does your router support UPnP? If yes, do you have it enabled on your PS3? If no, do you have it disabled on your PS3?
3) Do you have the media center option disabled in your PS3 network settings?
4) Have you recently made any port forwarding changes on your router or added any UPnP devices to your network?
Message 2 of 12 (491 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2012

I'm having the EXACT same issue as the original poster. several months ago i started getting random disconnects from ONLY the PSN.

Here is what i have tried and to no avail, i still get the disconnects. mind you ONLY from the PSN. i will be signed out but sitll have access to the internet completely. and all it takes is a connection test to bring back connection to the PSN, however this requires i leave the game i'm playing and start it again.... which can get quite annoying.

What i've tried to no avail.

1)  DMZ
2) Wired and Wireless both produce the same result.
3) Public DNS servers, i've tried google and others.
4) Calling my ISP and having a Technition come out to figure out the problem. he was baffled and could not help me.
5) Making sure my PS3 is the ONLY thing connected to the router
6) enabling and disabling UPnP on both the router and PS3

My PS3 is around 2 years old and it has never shown signs of aging. I take good care of it and there is no reason for this disconnect to be happening other than a software issue.

I'm using a Ubee router  on 40Mbit internet. No other device on the network shares this issue.
If anyone has ANY suggestions i'm willing to try anything. Please help us.

Message 3 of 12 (473 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Any feed back would be great...  would love a little help here? anyone have any suggestions? seen this type of thing before? i know i'm not the only one now so there has to be a few more cases like this. I've searched the forum and this is the only one that sounded like my problem, if i'm wrong please redirect me. I need a fix for this

Message 4 of 12 (443 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I have been having the same issue since August. There are plenty of other people having this issue as well. Every day or so there is a post about disconnects or sign outs. It seems to only be affecting a small population of users....roughly 5-10%. It's not region restricted because people from all over the world have posted this problem on here. I have tried everything to fix this issue. Including all of what you have done. My conclusion is it's on Sony's end. There is nothing we can do to fix it from our end. The only thing to do is to get them to look at their servers and figure out what's wrong. I am in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against Sony very soon. If they do not get this fixed within a month. This is considered "disruption of service". Not allowing certain users to access online features inadvertently or not is breaking the ToS and is against the law.

I suggest all of you having this issue to follow suit.

Message 5 of 12 (425 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Oct 12, 2012

To all of who made suggestions of he internet router and to all that who may not understand read below!

I am sure you are well aware as of most people on here think its the internet router but let me clarify on that, and how can I because this is how it is simply put.

For one its not the router or the adepter of the internet connection, the best known way to see of that issue is because of Sony who is working on fixing that problem that is causing disconnection issues, however never the less I am not saying its ruledo ut, but simply saying it is not likely possible.

Also because the DNS changes time to time when you reboot the router or the adepter, and PS3 can simply pick it up and resign back online, but even so it will do the same disconnections offline issues as we are seeing that right now.

To simply put it a more shorter way, let them fix it, just tell them what is song and let them fix the issue that is causing the mass disconnections, sooner or later they are going to need to eventually, otherwise my question to them is this

" What is more importent add ons in games and other things or fixing the entire issue that is causing a large bandwich on the entire Playstation Network that is massively causing disconnections. "

That is my question, and honestly we do not need add on content right now if we are having this server issue on which they are likely and needing that exact time of on which they do have every single day, to fix that either corrupted data feedback on their super computer that  has us globally connected to their servers which is also causing issues to a lot of people's ps3 systems.

That is prety much all I really wanted to say is that and that I am sure they are trying to fix it, so please do leave your own internet routers and adepters alone, by then you'll find out sooner or later that you're ps3 is working just fine.

Message 6 of 12 (392 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 12, 2012

i have the same issue . it started after last update (4.25) . i got more than 40 penalties in tekken tag Smiley Sad
i don't know what should i do . is there anyone who can help?

Message 7 of 12 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 14, 2012

i just posted same issue. i also cancelled my crunchy roll membership and told them i did it bcz of sony and suggested that sony "partners" should pressure them to fix this crap.

im tempted to sign up for hulu just so i can cancel it and tell them i did it bcz of sony, but thats a lot of work

Message 8 of 12 (354 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Bumping this and keeping it on the first page because i'm sick of it. plain and simple. i'm sick of this problem and something needs to be done.

Message 9 of 12 (316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Bumping. I have absolutely had it with this issue, tried every method, climbed several himalayan mountains and not ONE of the wise old men could help me. I am one step away from attemtping a demon summoning if I think that it will help. Fix it, Sony.

Message 10 of 12 (277 Views)