Mar 17 2007
By: abdo8~ First Son 3 posts

How do you change your online name on the ps3, I do not l...

8 replies 37111 views Edited Mar 17, 2007
How do you change your online name on the ps3, I do not like mine, i want pick another name while keeping my email address . Anyone help
???
Message 1 of 9 (37,111 Views)
Wastelander
780 posts

Re: How do you change your online name on the ps3, I do not l...

Mar 17, 2007
srry no luck you just gotta delete your account n make a new one
Message 2 of 9 (37,111 Views)
Limit Breaker
26612 posts

Mar 17, 2007

abdo8 wrote:
How do you change your online name on the ps3, I do not like mine, i want pick another name while keeping my email address . Anyone help.

The PLAYSTATION® Network handle cannot be changed unless a new account is created. You'll have to use a different User ID (e-mail address to sign in) and then a different online handle must be created that has not been used by any other player. Please note that you'll need to make a new user on the PLAYSTATION®3 and then sign up for the PLAYSTATION® Network under that user.

To keep the same e-mail address with your newly created account, you need to change your current account's e-mail and then sign-up on the PLAYSTATION® Network when creating your new account and use the old e-mail address originally associated with your main account. :]
Message 3 of 9 (37,111 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2010

dont u have to pay if u want to make a knew account

Message 4 of 9 (37,111 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 9, 2010

No. You dont have to pay to create a new account. I have 3 total. I only ever use just the one, but i got the names in my head and had to make them. (:

If you have multiple email addresses and want to create another PSN Name, simply create another User on your system, and while under that User go to the "Sign In" and you can create your new account there.

And if you just dont like your PSN Name anymore, its the same thing. You wont be able to keep your Trophies though. If you delete your PSN Name, and use that email address to create another one, you'll lose your trophies and possibly some of your save game data that is connected to that PSN. Possibly, i dont know for sure.

MotorStorm, Burnout Paradise, WarHawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Lair, Assassin's Creed
Message 5 of 9 (37,111 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Jul 31, 2010

GoHerd35 wrote:

abdo8 wrote:
How do you change your online name on the ps3, I do not like mine, i want pick another name while keeping my email address . Anyone help.

The PLAYSTATION® Network handle cannot be changed unless a new account is created. You'll have to use a different User ID (e-mail address to sign in) and then a different online handle must be created that has not been used by any other player. Please note that you'll need to make a new user on the PLAYSTATION®3 and then sign up for the PLAYSTATION® Network under that user.

To keep the same e-mail address with your newly created account, you need to change your current account's e-mail and then sign-up on the PLAYSTATION® Network when creating your new account and use the old e-mail address originally associated with your main account. :]

Can you let your Boss know that we want the ability to change our PSN names please every year.. Because we don';t want to lose our friends, or trophies, etc. For example if a person name was MS_Vip2003, and the year is 2005.. We would like a update in that , wouldn't you agree ??

Message 6 of 9 (37,111 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 9, 2013
My name is week
Message 7 of 9 (35,601 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2013

if i do make a new online name is it going too erase my games that I downloaded?

Message 8 of 9 (34,419 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
5707 posts

Mar 14, 2013
Thread moved from Playstation General section and locked for necrobumping.
Message 9 of 9 (34,412 Views)