Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 07 2013
By: Bowzer_42088 First Son 4 posts

How long is it going to take to get my account back?

8 replies 253 views Edited Mar 7, 2013

Hey everyone just wanted to share my story. Two months ago my credit card was charged twice for my ps plus renewal. I called support and they could only identify one of the charges and told me to have my bank reverse the other one. I did and my account got banned. I have since had the pleasure of dealing with Playstations customer support which has been absolutely horrible. They really could care less about me and my situation and haven't been very helpful at all. I have both charges reversed back to Sony and my account was supposed to automatically come back but it's been well over two weeks and I still cant access it. I even faxed them my bank statement today showing them that I was wrongfully charged. I wanted to know if this situation has happened to anyone else and if they ever did get their account back and how long it took. thanks

Message 1 of 9 (253 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30449 posts

Re: How long is it going to take to get my account back?

Mar 7, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Having charges reversed automatcally gets a PS3 account banned, period, so I was surprised to hear that Sony actually suggested this to you because it was always going to end badly!

You're only option is to keep 'digging' at Sony's customer support until you finally get some help, sorry.

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 9 (238 Views)
Splicer
82 posts

Mar 7, 2013

As a support rep my self I can say most of the agents there know what they are doing, how many times did you call? you probally spoke with someone new or a tier 1 agent. Usally if you are charged twice for the same subscription sony would issue a refund. Call back and ask to speak to a tier 2 agent they have higher access to your account and can go through the records.

If the Bank reversed the charges then yes your account is gone for good usally they would only tell you to have the bank reverse the charge if it was unauth on your end.  I would call them back and talk talk to tier 2 Agent. There is a way to get the account back if it was a mistake on Sony's end.

Good luck hope things work out

Message 3 of 9 (230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Ok thanks for the responses guys but this just makes me even more frustrated. I got double charged on my credit card. I only saw one charge in my transaction history. I call support and they only see one charge and TELL me to call my bank. I do so and get my account supposibly banned. If what you guys are telling me is true then my account is banned because I had them reverse the charge. Why are the psn reps telling me to have my bank re reverse my charge and my account will automatically be unbanned. is this true or what? i'm begining to think it isn't because I had the charges reverted back to sony weeks ago and still can't access my accout. I even called them one time asking if i could just pay them my supposed debt over the phone and they wouldn't let me. they told me to fax my bank statement which i did and still nothing. No email no response no nothing. This whole thing is a shame becuase I love my ps3. I love my vita and I love playing allstars. I got the digital copy and now i can't even play the game on my vita.

Message 4 of 9 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2013

The PSN terms-of-service explicitly state that if you charge-back any wallet funding, then your access to your PSN account will be revoked.  PSN has zero tolerance for charge-backs, regardless of the reason. If you were billed incorrectly, then you need to resolve that with Sony's billing department.  If you go around them, then you will be banned. Customer support told you to call your bank because your bank may have made the mistake.  It didn't tell you to charge-back a charge that it couldn't confirm was received in the first place.  That was your bank's idea, and you didn't have to agree to it.

Having your bank cancel the charge-back will not automatically restore access to your account.  That is simply not true, as you still violated the terms-of-service by doing it in the first place.  You will have to call Playstation customer support on the phone, and request that your access be restored.  The main condition for doing that is that you paid back the funding that you withdrew.  They won't even consider it until you do that.  You will still need to convince Playstation customer support that SCEA still wants you as a customer.

GKP
Message 5 of 9 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 8, 2013

ok so i called support again. And once again i was told that my account will automatically be restored once billing recieves the payment. Like i said i flat out tried to pay sony over the phone and they told me I couldn't do that and to have my bank reverse the charges back to sony. Every singe rep I have talked to told me I will get my account back once my debt is cleared. I appriciate the help guys but your information seems contadictory to what I was told over the phone. I just wanted to know how long it's gonna take to the get account back. And they said probably another week.

Message 6 of 9 (200 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15608 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Bowzer_42088 wrote:

I just wanted to know how long it's gonna take to the get account back. And they said probably another week.

That is your answer then.  I don't know why you are asking here.  You have done everything that you can do.  Now you just have to wait until your access is restored.  If it doesn't happen in the next ten days, then call again.

GKP
Message 7 of 9 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 8, 2013

you really have to sometimes dig at these ignorant phone reps to get anything done because lets face it,the only reason they are even there is because they have no talent and can't get a job doing anything else so most of them should be sitting in a corner with a cone hat..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 8 of 9 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 8, 2013

kythunder wrote:

you really have to sometimes dig at these ignorant phone reps to get anything done because lets face it,the only reason they are even there is because they have no talent and can't get a job doing anything else so most of them should be sitting in a corner with a cone hat..

This is true. very true.

Message 9 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes