Feb 16 2013
By: sparkbolt First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM PSN AGAIN!

4 replies 275 views Edited Feb 16, 2013

I usually stream movies from ON Demand from my cable provider and it has worked fine. I decided to give the PSN store a try. I have purchased a TV series last year and it worked ok. This time I paid $5.99 to rent the Bourne Legacy. After 30 minutes of downloading the movie it was at 3% finished. My internet speed is 10Mbs and is working fine. I called customer service and they are no help. I told them to just cancel my download and refund my $6 because I could watch it ON Demand with no problem. The lady on the phone said PSN does not give refunds "all sales are final". I told her that she had not delivered anything so there is NO SALE. After being on hold and talking to her the download meter was still at 3%.  These people are a joke and I'll never buy anything from PSN again. Cost me $6 to learn this lesson but well worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (275 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28082 posts

Re: I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM PSN AGAIN!

Feb 16, 2013

sparkbolt wrote:

I usually stream movies from ON Demand from my cable provider and it has worked fine. I decided to give the PSN store a try. I have purchased a TV series last year and it worked ok. This time I paid $5.99 to rent the Bourne Legacy. After 30 minutes of downloading the movie it was at 3% finished. My internet speed is 10Mbs and is working fine. I called customer service and they are no help. I told them to just cancel my download and refund my $6 because I could watch it ON Demand with no problem. The lady on the phone said PSN does not give refunds "all sales are final". I told her that she had not delivered anything so there is NO SALE. After being on hold and talking to her the download meter was still at 3%.  These people are a joke and I'll never buy anything from PSN again. Cost me $6 to learn this lesson but well worth it.

Welcome to the Playsta....ahh you know what forget it, i have a feeling whatever I was going to say would do no good.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (266 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Feb 16, 2013

Ok smart guy,  tell me if you find this acceptable? I left my PS3 on all night with the movie downloading. I asked them to cancel my download and they did NOT. Here it is 12 hours later and the download is at 76%. I could have streammed this from On Demand immediately after ordering on my cable system. Maybe you're only a gamer and an appologist for the network but their customer service sucks. Got an argument for that?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13286 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I have one.  The Playstation Store has operated under the same terms for five years, and it is still in business selling videos; so apparently a lot of people do find it acceptable.  If you don't, that is fine.  You have alternatives.  For the record, the Playstation Store terms-of-service clearly state that downloading the content is your problem.  If the content is available for download, then Sony has met its obligation.  Sony isn't responsible for matching the performance of any other video distribution service, and never promised to do so.  I've never seen a video distribution service that did.  Needless to say, a cable system prioritizes the delivery of its own content over that of competitors, so it is no surprise to me that a video downloads faster from your cable system's On-Demand service, than it does over the Internet from Sony.  I'm not sure why you are surprised about that.  Also, at least some videos in the Playstation Store can be played while they are downloading; if you select that option when you download.  You could do that next time.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (201 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Feb 17, 2013
I know there are those of you in the world who tend to accept what they are given without any reasonable expectations, but that's not me. My internet is fast, 10 Mbs which is plenty of speed to watch any streamming movie. I selected the option to watch as streamming and it would not work, PSN could not keep up. I consider it their problem if they don't have the bandwith to handle the load. If they can't deliver then they should not be selling it. It took about 20 hours for them to finish delivering the movie that I wanted to watch that night. If you are happy with the mediocre service that PSN provides then by all means keep using them.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (184 Views)
0 Likes