Jan 14 2013
By: YoItScRiMsOn First Son 5 posts

I was scammed

[ Edited ]
7 replies 179 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

Hello, I'm sorry to report that I've been scammed by a user promising to give me dlc and stole $20.00 USD from my account by PSN CARD by the PSN user **********, I understand what I did was indeed stupid, but I believe that I should be reimbursted because that is just morally wrong, I have all the proof through messages I still have the receipt from where I bought the card and the PSN card itself. Thank you.

*J_W Edit: ID Removed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (179 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

Re: I was scammed

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

YoItScRiMsOn wrote:

Hello, I'm sorry to report that I've been scammed by a user promising to give me dlc and stole $20.00 USD from my account by PSN CARD by the PSN user ****************, I understand what I did was indeed stupid, but I believe that I should be reimbursted because that is just morally wrong, I have all the proof through messages I still have the receipt from where I bought the card and the PSN card itself. Thank you.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Sorry but who do you think is going to reimburse you exactly, Sony?, no way, they did nothing wrong, the only person who did was you, & you admit that, even the person who used your funds did nothing wrong, it's not like they stole anything from you, you gave them access to your account & by doing so in return you gave them access to your funds too, you willingly gave them your password because you thought you were going to get something for free in return.

Count this as a lesson learned & if you're able to go & change your password IMMEDIATELY.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (177 Views)
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

My account wasn't hacked I used a PSN card to make the transaction.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

By the way I wasn't recieving it for free I had to pay 20$ via PSN card.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

YoItScRiMsOn wrote:

By the way I wasn't recieving it for free I had to pay 20$ via PSN card.

So how did you give them the $20.00 PSN Card?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Wow, the guy who supposedly scammed me is a boss he bought me a 20$ psn code I've never seen this happened, he told me no hard feelings there are good people in this world :'D !!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

Jan 15, 2013

YoItScRiMsOn wrote:

Wow, the guy who supposedly scammed me is a boss he bought me a 20$ psn code I've never seen this happened, he told me no hard feelings there are good people in this world :'D !!!!!

I'm still somewhat confused by this Thread but it sounds as though you get your money back, just be more careful in future & treat this as a good life lesson.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 15, 2013

I surely have no more gamesharing for me.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes