Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 05 2013
By: xpertricochet First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

If I delete my PSN account from my PS3...???

2 replies 262 views Edited Nov 5, 2013

I heard that when you buy a game with bonus material (e.g. map packs) it is usually restricted to a certain number of PSN accounts and consoles. I have 2 accounts (both on 1 console), but never play on one account, so I want to delete it (opening up an available "slot"). Also, my brother has an account on that console, and though he has never played it, he opened his account with the game inside the system. Will he take up another "slot"? If I delete one of my accounts, will it no longer be associated with that console and, therefore, not be one of those few accounts able to use that content? And, if my brother's account is taking up a "slot", how can I remove him?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7294 posts

Re: If I delete my PSN account from my PS3...???

Nov 6, 2013

I think you have it mixed up. Content, such as games, map packs, etc., can only be activated on a PSN account a certain number of times.

For instance, let's say you have two PS3 consoles. Both consoles have an account with your PSN linked to it. You can activate those two PS3s to be able to download game content. If you go to activate a third PS3 that has your PSN ID linked to an account on that PS3, you will not be able to activate that third PSN account on that third PS3.

If I remember correctly, content can be downloaded to one PS3, and any account on that PS3 can access that content. So if you buy a game on your PSN account and your brother tries to play that game on his account that is your PS3, it should let him play it without any problems.

soco signature

bhd clan site
mvp terms
forum rules
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (241 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13966 posts

Re: If I delete my PSN account from my PS3...???

Nov 6, 2013

PS3 users don't count as all as far as activation is concerned.  Consoles are activated.  Not users.  You can download all of your Playstation Store purchases to up to two PS3 consoles that are activated under your PSN account.  You can't download any content to any PS3 other than those two.  It makes no difference how many other people are using those two consoles.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (238 Views)
0 Likes