Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2012
By: okester13 First Son 3 posts

Internet doesn't have enough resolution?

13 replies 21148 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

I tried to use the internet on PS3 today and got the message:

Low Resolution Warning !!

This site works with resolution 720px and above. Please adjust your system settings.

How can I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (21,148 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Internet doesn't have enough resolution?

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

I've been having the same problem tonight! I can't even get on my YouTube app either. I tried updating the system software to 4.31 but it still does the same thing. What is going on?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (21,137 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Hopefully someone knows what's up with it.... :/

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (21,131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 9, 2012

same here wth!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (20,855 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Nov 10, 2012

It's exactly what it says... 

Hook up your PS3 to a TV or Monitor that is 720P & above... 

then use an HDMI hook up, & run the Video Settings to put your PS3 on HD Settings, that should fix your Error Messages... 

I've been using HDMI for a while now, both TV & PC Monitor... 

I had to switch to SD TV, for the Move, but i've had nothing wrong wit the PSN, till I hooked up my 3 Colored Wires to my PS3... 

If you do not have an HDMI or DVI Support of up to at least 720P... 

Hopefully Sony will Update this for SD TV Support, soon, too... ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (20,785 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: internet browser doesn't have enough resolution what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10, 2012

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (20,784 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Re: internet browser doesn't have enough resolution what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 10, 2012

Crackle still works on PS HOME for those who usually watch it on PSN, & cannot... Crackle is Free to watch in the Theature Space in Full Screen... 

I know, you'd prefer PSN, but at least you can watch it Temporarily some where else while this gets fixed... 

No? 

If Sony is listening... Not everyone has an HD TV or Monitor, we need this fixed for those who still use a Standard TV for their PS3... 

Plz, fix this? 

Btw, it's not Internet Browser that doesn't Support the Resolution, it's the PSN Website that doesn't Support the Resolution, just figured i'd clear that up, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (20,718 Views)
Fender Bender
3502 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

SCEA Won't change there minds. 

SCE All ready ditched 720p support on web sites. All web sites were only supposed to be only built for 1080 for PS3 from SCE.

You should be happy that SCEA dicided to build it for 720p they did not have too.

SCEE allready dropped the 1080 news when they released the EU site...

SCEA have altered the T&C that you require >720p to USE the web site they provide. They could have easierly gone to 1080 resolution just like EU did. They could have terminated the site completely as they can do with any online service. 

US SDTV users can turn the resolution up for the browser manualy in the Browser settings too +2. To emulate the 720p setting and thats the only choice you have if you want to view the site... 

If you have not allready noticed. Most PSN games and applications will no longer support Anamorphic 16/9 for SDTV feeds and are only letter box 4/3. Amazon online and Video unlimited did this when I used them on SDTV...

( Its handy being able to access any regions IPTV apps. just wish a few more were IP address filter free... so I could view all the content.)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (20,444 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Makes sense, PS3 was never Designed for Resolutions for SD users anyways... 

It's just sad that most people use their Website on a PC, instead of their PS3... 

Which is why I find it kind of dum that their Website also has to be using that Concept, oO 

--------- 

But honestly, i've seen HD TV's go for like $200 to $300 now days, their getting so Cheap, sure their not that big in size, but they do still support the 720P / 1080P Resolutions... 

I think Sony just figured by now everyone would have switched over already... 

I got my Monitor for a PC, it's 24 Inch, & it supports 1080P, & it was only $100... I can't imagine any reason not to go 1080P yet... 

But anyways, I just wish Sony would make their Games 1080P... They Launched Promoting 1080P Gamming, but yet where are all the Games supporting 1080P, not very many that is... I have some, but to me, I wish all mine Supported 1080P... 

720P looks funky weird on a 1080P Display, :smileysad: 

Lets just face it, Sony doesn't like Options, they like Limitations... 

If this is Permanent, then good luck to the SD Users... 

I don't like where the Gamming Generation is going, too many problems, i'd rather just stick to the Games I have, nothing is what it used to be, if your disatisfied with the PS3 or where it's heading, I suggest stop paying, before you spend too much on it...

Playstation 4
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (20,387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2012

same here :/

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (20,080 Views)
0 Likes