Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Re: Invalid credit card information

Dec 5, 2007
yep, thats what happened to me too....INVALID CREDIT CARD.

A simple way to solve this problem, is for sony to come out with PLAYSTATION STORE CARDS that you can buy at walmart, or any other store.  Each card has a certain amount of money on it....10$ 20$ 30$ ect...   each card has a number on the back that you type in when you are purchasing a item from the playstation store.  When that card runs out of money, then you must buy a new card. 

Its that simple sony!!  wouldn't you be making more money??!   and then people like us can buy sweet games like PAIN!!!

Photobucket

"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"(Romans 6:23).

"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved(Romans 10:9).
Message 11 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4045 posts

Dec 5, 2007
i had the problem too. the guy told me to take out the second line of your address out if there is anything there. (i.e. apt numbers or whatever). i took mine out and it works fine everytime for me.
Message 12 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Dec 5, 2007
mine works fine after deleting second line of address, and putting everythin all on one line too, but i also had to put all my info in caps like my bank statement has it, wouldnt work otherwise
Message 13 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 29, 2008
I had the same problem and I fixed the issue.

First, you should contact your credit card company and ask them to provide the address details, all details. I mean if your name begin capital, the space between the street name or postal code etc.

Secondly, VERY IMPORTANT. If you have some caracteres, by exemple ''-'' , ''/'' or '','' YOU SHOULD ENTER A SPACE INSTEAD OF THESE CARACTERE. THOSE CARACTERE ARE INVALID!!! PUT A SPACE !

Exemple ; 9896-2 Jackson Street MUST BE ; 9896 2 Jackson Street. Remove the hifen for a space.

I've noticed that a lot of credit card company used the CAPITAL LETTERS/CARACTERES.

For me, I removed any invalid caracteres like ''-'' by a space, and I wrote everythings in captial and EXACTLY LIKE THE BANK.

And now its working but I didnt got any clue from the SONY Support, they really sux....They know nothing...Its just a line for the lil issue...

Good luck
Message 14 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
508 posts

Feb 29, 2008
I know this isn't THE answer you're looking for, but a temporary option for now would be to go to CVS/Walgreen's and purchase a Visa/American Express gift card. They come in 25/50/100 dollar increments. The bad thing is they do charge a convience fee..but with American Express it was 4.95...so I got a 50 dollar one and paid 55 dollars for it. Just enter the information on the card...and it worked well for me. Just put Gift Card Recipient as the name..and then you can put your own home address. Security code is on top right hand side of front of card. Like I said, the only bad part is the convience fee, but it could be a temporary solution until they fix the CC problem all together!! Hope this helps!
Message 15 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1097 posts

Feb 29, 2008
I had the same problem. I think its all in how the bank registers your apt number. I have XBL too and I noticed they had only 1 line for address and I thought "no way....they can't be hooking into the apt number" (seeing as past experience has shown me the address hook is tied to the zip code). ...So I adjust the address to be all in the first address line and BANG!!! its working

So as Fred says, if you live in an APT and having issues with your credit card, try putting the APT number int he first address field and leave the other blank. Or if your just having issues and having items in the 2nd address line...just take it out and put in the first field.

frednet44 wrote:
hey guys just got off the phone with Sony support. In my case I was getting the invalid credit card error as well. It turns out that I put my APT number on the second line of the address field. As a result the cc card info didn't verify. Here are the rules. Everything on one line. Use only space. no additional punctuations.

Message Edited by Mattchewie on 02-29-2008 01:26 PM
Message 16 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 24, 2008
OMG!!!!!!!! IM SO FRUSTRATED. not even visa gift cards work anymore. this sucks sony. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive been trying all week and it still doesn't work. my normal card hasn't been working ether. iwas going to have a rock band party by buying a whole lot of songs but guess wat sony not now. i was going to buy the new warhawk expansions but to bad sony... u just lost a customer. im just gonna trade this console in. wats the point in owning it if i cant buy any content.... goodbye sony hello microsoft
Message 17 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 7, 2010

Seriously.  What is going on.  I'm just now getting this, which means my bank changed their system or something and is thusly incompatible with PSN now.  Great.  Just great guys.  Also, I'm stuck in Japan.  I kept my US account, but now tracking down some US PSN cards is going to be a giant headache.  This is two to three years on and you still can't fix this?  I've never seen something so pathetic in my life.

Message 18 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 24, 2010

bump, 

I dont live in an APT, my info is 100% the same as my banks (looking at the statement right in my hands)

I dont use bad characters such as _ - or . my info is the same as it always has been but i received a new card with the same number.

Message 19 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 24, 2010

And my Customer service told me to just buy a PSN card. F that.

Message 20 of 34 (980 Views)
0 Likes