Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Invalid credit card information

Mar 22, 2011

So, I've been having this same problem for over a year.  I have a PO Box and I wondered if that was alwasy the issue.  Well, tonight, on a whim, I did the following things and it worked!  I post this in the hopes that it will work for others who are similarly frustrated:

• First, I put my name in all CAPS.  Yep, that's how it appears on my card.
  • Next, I put "PO Box" in the first line of the address.
  • Finally, I put the Number of my box in the SECOND address line. 
    • So, if my address was PO Box 123, I would put it in like this:

PO Box

Nowhere, TX  ZIP CODE

I have no idea why it worked, but it was only when i put the Box number on the second line that it took me right in.

I hope others find success!

Thanks,

Belgarion888

Message 21 of 34 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 27, 2011

Mar 24th (and every time before) I made a purchase.  Today (Mar 26) I have been trying to make a purchace all day.  Not able to add funds and my credit card info is invalid.  I've changed nothing since the 24th . . .

I did notice that the security code off the back of my card is not being saved. . .

Message 22 of 34 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Get the idea yet read what the people are saying. FIX THIS

Message 23 of 34 (911 Views)
First Son
3 posts

May 2, 2013

TWO YEARS LATER AND THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM?
WHY?

Message 24 of 34 (762 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 2, 2013
Solutions have been provided. Please read them. If you still feel the urge to complain and point fingers, point fingers at the scum of the earth who steal credit card numbers from people and use those numbers online. All of these "issues" people are coming across are the direct result of CC Companies and Banks slowly adopting the new security standards that are being put in place to help curb the "casual credit card thiefs". Now, there is no such thing as a fully secure system out there so there will always be CC thieves, but these new security systems prevent the person who packet sniffs and just picks out random CC #'s from being used online.

The address verification is required in order to help verify that the person entering the information into the system is the correct. Sony is just following the rules set forth by these standards. Some banks and CC companies simply are not doing this properly.

Pre-paid credit cards are also likely to fail the Address Verification System since they really don't have an address tied into them.

It can also be frustrating since a user can't come here with any visual proof of what they are doing since they would need to reveal their cc info and home address, name, etc. in order to do so. Frankly, if anybody is stupid enough to post that information in a public forum they deserve the financial ruin it will cause them. So all we have to go by is the "I know I'm doing this right", or "I've already tried this" and it's difficult to take those statements as full truths since so many people are simply lying about that. (And I am NOT saying that anybody who makes those statements are lying. Many are likely telling the truth. But the fact of the matter is, we're all human beings and it's just common for us to not want to come out and admit that we were wrong or that we didn't do something right).

So the only thing you can do is make 100% certain that you are entering in a valid credit card (not a pre-paid card) where the address and names match what is on the statement your credit card company gives you 100%. In addition, take the time to read through this thread for information about exactly how the information needs to be entered. If you have the time to create a brand new account on the forums and to post your complaint here, you certainly have the time to read through the threads.
Message 25 of 34 (760 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 12, 2013
i had the same problem all you have to do is put your name and your streets name in caps lock and it worked for me!! after like 4 hours of trying i dont even want to touch my ps3 any more after this
Message 26 of 34 (732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

This is a joke, I got a Playstation Capital One Visa and it says invalid credit card on Playstation Network, checked more than 2 dozen times my address information on both my card and PS network account everything matches perfect. And what does sony say..  "Nothing, there support just gives you the run around suggesting alternatives.." Well screw that, I got this card specifically to use on PSN!   It seams laps in corporate responsibility to offer a partnership card like this and it not work in there system.. I can't get the $50 on PSN and the 12 months subscription offered by the promotion because it won't except my card number.. says invalid everytime.. Tried more than 5 dozen times over the last 2 months to make it work.. nothing.. and sony doesn't support it, they won't even say they'll look into it "does that make sense for a corporation?" **bleep**..

This issue needs to be fixed, I got this card cause it uses AVS -because my bank debit/credit card does not and couldn't be used on PSN "This is very disappointing" 

-and yes have tried all caps as it is on my credit statement.. No go

Message 27 of 34 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Having an issue too with paypal, i easily added 90$ june 5th, and now i wanted to add 10$ to buy the walking dead because of the E3 special sale :smileysad:

Message 28 of 34 (674 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 10, 2013

i had the same problem... but my wife foudn something that worked...  for the address.  in line one put your street number.. line two put your street name.. and line 3 appartment number if you have one.. she used the full words for everything.  like this/

random street
appartment 1

use the full words and it seems to work fine.

Message 29 of 34 (543 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 2, 2013
You can use PayPal if you have an account with them. I used my iPad went to the Sony entertainment networks website and it let me add funds to my wallet via PayPal no problem.
Message 30 of 34 (484 Views)
0 Likes