Highlighted
Sep 21 2012
By: Rockpopple Wastelander 668 posts

Is anyone else unable to purchase or add funds today?

24 replies 2198 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Hello, 

I've been trying all day to buy and download Borderlands 2 from the store, and every single time I'm hit with this error (80023102). I've never had a problem buying stuff from the store before.

I can't add funds to my wallet either.

I've called Sony and tried everything. I deleted and put back in my billing information. Went through easily. Still can't buy or add funds.

Called again. Opened and forwarded ports for the PSN. Went through. Still can't buy or add funds.

Tried going through the Sony Entertainment Network to add funds to my wallet. Won't do. Says credit card info is invalid.

Called the bank. No problem with the card. They tell me there's a merchent communication error: ie, the Store is fubared. 

Finally called a last time. Nice girl there tells me that a part of the Network is down, not the whole network. No information on how long it'll take to sort itself out.

Question, anyone else unable to buy from the Store or add funds. It can't just be me, can it? But nobody 'round here is talking about it. Is it just my area? Why can't I play Borderlands 2, dammit! =(

Message 1 of 25 (2,198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Re: Is anyone else unable to purchase or add funds today?

Sep 21, 2012

Are you sure that the CC information you entered 100% matches what is on your billing statement?

It gets a bit picky with that sometimes..

Message 2 of 25 (2,192 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Does the case matter? As in lower or upper case? Cuz everything in my statement is un uppercase.

But I did delete and re-enter the billing information and it went through...

Message 3 of 25 (2,186 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Okay, so I just updated my billing information. It looks EXACTLY like it does on my credit card bill. EXACTLY.

And it's STILL giving me an error.

I'm going to stop now. Maybe it locked me out without telling me for some reason and I have to wait 24 hours, though I didn't get any message of the sort. I don't know what the hell's going on, I just want to purchase a game, but whatever. I'm done jumping through hoops. Lousy PSN.

Edit: Sorry for the outburst. I really want a solution to this. Is anyone else having a hard time buying stuff or adding funds? What more information do I need to give to get help?

Message 4 of 25 (2,177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Im having the same problem actually. I live in the country the nearest place to buy a game is 1.5 hours away. I currently have no car so im tryna buy this game to play now. Kinda fustrating i own an xbox so i think im going back to tht for a bit. I can buy games fine off there same CC and everything.
Message 5 of 25 (2,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Also ive tried changing the auto refunds to on in account managment and it still dsnt work! Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 25 (2,149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6755 posts

Sep 22, 2012

you may have to wait 24 hours.... it's normal for any kind of billing software to lock you out after several attempts. I guess in the future, it's a good idea to buy PSN cards from the store? Sorry I can't be of more help

Message 7 of 25 (2,145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 22, 2012

i cant add funds havent been able to since the 19th. sony says there was a hold for 24 hours i tried 2 days later still not working called sony again and said there was a 48 hour hold. does any one at sony know what the hell they are talking about and why cant support unblock the account? its all so stupid!

Message 8 of 25 (2,139 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Not only are PSN cards unavailable to me in stores, I've heard from a thread in this forum about this widespread problem, that people with this issue can't even add redeem PSN cards. So I'm not going to order one online only to be stuck with the bill: being forced to jump through hoops for Sony to reimburse me.

Excuse my language but this is **bleep**. I had no problem buying stuff before, but now, now? I have money in my goddamned wallet, but if I ever in the future want to purchase a 5 dollar item or whatever, I'm **bleep** out of luck, unless I drop 50 dollars on a card that won't work. FOR NO REASON.

Also, waiting over 24 hours didn't resolve the problem. Maybe I'll wait for 48. 72? Maybe I'll just wait the entire year. Or maybe I should wait until the new Xbox comes out. Ridiculous.

Message 9 of 25 (2,123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 23, 2012

my credit card wont work but i have gotten 2 $20 psn cards and both worked for me

Message 10 of 25 (2,117 Views)
0 Likes