First Son
1 posts

Re: Is anyone else unable to purchase or add funds today?

Sep 23, 2012

Yeah man. Sony just doesn't want our money. I've tried buying a game the last few days, no luck, only errors. And I've bought stuff before with the credit card connected to my account, and I have not changed credit card information, so there is no reason it should not be working. Something must be down with Sony's Credit Card System. But they better get on fixing the situation soon, and they should be upfront with customers that they are having an error on their end, and what their estimated timeline to fix it is.

Message 11 of 25 (571 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Bumping until a solution or until Sony at least acknowledges that this is a freakin' problem.

Message 12 of 25 (558 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Keep ignoring this, Sony. This is getting bumped daily until there's acknowledgement. And don't tell me to buy PSN cards.

Message 13 of 25 (544 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I know, I speak from experience.  A lot of people are going to tell you to stop "spamming", and quit whining.  I have been told the same.  Keep up the work though, it may help.  Worst case they "ban" you.  Although I see you have posted way more than me, so I am sure you are accustomed to the environment.

I had issues W/ Sony and Network Cash / Cards.  I am not going to get into it, mostly because my situation was resolved and I don't want the Haters to find me again.  They bombarded every post I made.  It got kind of ridiculous.  I hope you get what you need though.  Good luck hombre.

Moble

Message 14 of 25 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Ok--don't know if this will help anyone but I hope so.  I too have been trying to get this problem resolved.  I've had the same credit card on my account for over a year with no problems and then tried to purchase a game on 09/09 and received message "unable to add funds to wallet".  I've been trying every since to get resolved.  I've called customer service as well as several emails but kept receiving same scripted responses.  It was obvious that there was either no understanding of what I was saying or unfortunately no interest.  As others have said, I tried multiple cards, verified addresses, and spoke with card issuers.  When cards added there was $1 authorization hold which means info is CORRECT & VALID but there was no record of future attempts for authorization.  This means PSN is not communicating with card issuer PERIOD.

Anyway after reading several posts in the general forum for PSN Network, I started experimenting with my address.  First I removed the extended 4-digit zip and then I removed my street number.  My street is "County Road 316"; it is not an apartment number but the name of my street.  I just put my house number and "County Road" (leaving off which county road).  IT WORKED!

I read several posts where others kept changing how the address was entered until finally accepted.  Good luck!  

(Still don't understand why it happened though.  The other thread I was reading had posts starting in 2009 through today with nothing except this problem.)

Message 15 of 25 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Hillbilly, I'm glad that worked for you, but I did play around with my address several times both on the internet and on the Playstation itself. Nothing worked.

So I deleted my credit card from the Playstation and I'm going to leave it for seven days. Then I'll try again.

But until that time that this is acknowledged as a legitamate problem, I'm going to bump this every **bleep** day. Because Sony can suck a lemon if it thinks I'm going to run around trying to get PSN cards when it's not my fault this is happening, it's THEIRS.

If they want us ALL to get PSN cards, then remove the credit card option ENTIRELY and SAY SO.

Otherwise, FIX THIS.

Message 16 of 25 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
668 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Still waiting for a solution.

Message 17 of 25 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Sep 28, 2012

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. Sony needs to acknowledge the problem and fix it...

Message 18 of 25 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Sep 28, 2012

Maddening, isn't it?

Moble

Message 19 of 25 (456 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Sep 30, 2012

yeah, still not working at all. I've tried multiple CC numbers, entering, and re-entering multiple times.

Sony really needs to take a step back and think to themselves "is every one of our customers screwing up information that they've been using their whole lives?" because that is the reply that EVERYONE has gotten... that it is something wrong on our end. 

FALSE. it is something going on, on their end. 

I am trying to pre order NBA 2k13 to give this whole digital gaming thing a shot... great first impression, Sony.

Message 20 of 25 (431 Views)
0 Likes