Jul 30 2013
By: jmanfrini First Son 4 posts

Lost money for SONY! Again...

[ Edited ]
8 replies 265 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

When the psn was hacked I've got my (friend's borrowed) credit card number stolen. It was used for a single value, but it was OK, the credit card refund me. And don't say that I'm not reasonable, I know it wasn't entirely fault by Sony.

But now I'm really frustrated. I don't know if you know, but there's a policy for purchases made on PSN, they all are final. This means if you buy a game and it doesn't work, it's your problem! Sony just doesn't want to know about this and doesn't refund your money.

And again, don't say that I'm not reasonable, I believe that policy had something legally convenient, after all someone can buy a game, play it in a few hours and claim their money back.

But I also believe that there is no need to be so radical as well, after all there are a thousand ways to prove  the game doesn't really work, and so claim your right to have the money back.

Well, let's to my situation: I bought the game Eat Lead The Return of Matt Hazard (Okay, it's a mediocre game and neither should buy it, but I did it) and the game came with a very strange bug. Clicking the L2 button the camera starts spinning and you can't do anything else.

Here's a video showing the problem: http://goo.gl/jrRbRO

So immediately after notice the bug (of course after waiting 4 hours for download only 2gb, that's reaaaally slow) I contacted PSN technical support and was told that I could try refund and-or try to solve the problem with the game publisher. So I chose to do both, I know both can be quite time consuming and which one solve my problem would be satisfied.

Here's all conversation with the publisher: http://goo.gl/lcPnrr

Today its 7/30/13 and there's 1 month I've bought the game e even couldn't play it. The PSN said my refund claim was denied and the publisher doesn't know how to solve my problem.

Well, what I'm trying to show here is that I'm not acting in bad faith, I'm actually being injured, because I paid for something I can't use and I can prove it. So I ask, why not review my case? Why just treat it as final as any other?

I'm really disappointed with Sony for this behavior. I think every consumer should have the right to request a PSN refund for something that doesn't work, since have way to prove it.

I hope this topic reach some people who pulls the strings on PSN and I have my rights listen.

If some people thinks I'm wrong please comment. But be respectful.

Beijo na bunda e até segunda! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 9 (265 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14484 posts

Re: Lost money for SONY! Again...

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

So, you are mad at SONY, yet they did not develop the game, only offer it to you on the PSN Store.

You do realise that when you purchase a game a large part of the price goes to the game developer/publisher.  Very likely SONY earns a percentage of the game price, how much we don't know.

I, for one, do not know the terms and conditions of the agreements between SONY and the game developers.  It may be that once a game has been certified for release then it is considered working and the developer/publisher will not agree to any refunds.

SONY is a middleman.  Yes, they could refund you, but then they would take a loss.  Also, if they spent time and resources taking on every game issue then they would lose money as well.

I think your issue is with the developer/publisher, not SONY.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 9 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

Have you tried downloading the game again? It might have been that a part of the game didn't downloaded right, and so the bug occurs from that. After from what you have done up until now, is the only thing that seems you haven't done so far. 

For the part where Sony didn't returned your money.... and I am not calling you a liar, but the probable reason why Sony denied the refund might be that the video is not enough, after all you could do that by connecting a ps3 controller through motionjoy and set up the L2 button to act as so (like it shows on the video). In other words you could have a hacked version of the game in the computer, still have bought the game from PSN, then produce this video to get a refund(for no apparent reason)...

Again, this is how the agents from Sony might have seen it, their policy can be quiet strict, specially after the hacking that occured to the servers a few years ago.

I also agree with what vfr_800_rider said.

Best regards, I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

"Inspiration is our best weapon."
Message 3 of 9 (243 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

you bought the game from a different region thats the problem. digital purchases are only guaranteed on the specific region ps3 they are bought on. thats a risk you take. in terms of service. even D3 caught that which is why sony declined your request. discs are region free, but digital may not function properly.

Equality for all
Message 4 of 9 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28749 posts

Jul 31, 2013

In addition, no one that "pulls the strings on PSN" is going to read this post.  Very few Sony employees participate in the forums at all, and the community support forum is certainly not monitored by anyone in authority at Sony.  Your complaint here is unlikely to reach the desk of anyone that could effect a policy change, not that Sony would consider it anyway.  The Playstation Store is not fundamentally different than any other retailer.  If you purchased a copy of the game at GameStop, Best Buy, WalMart, Toy R Us, Amazon.com, or any other major retailer of games, and you found a bug in the game, those retailers would give you the same answer as the Playstation Store as far as a refund is concerned.  Video games, and software in general, has no warranty.  The publisher isn't obligated to fix defects, and you are not entitled to a refund is there is a defect in the game.  Essentially packaged software is sold "as-is".  That is just the nature of the product. The publisher may decide to give refunds, but it is never obligated to.

GKP
Message 5 of 9 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

Jul 31, 2013

First of all D3 Publisher's did NOT make this game so I don't know why they even tried to help you.

Vicious Cycle made the game it's best to contact them.

http://www.viciouscycleinc.com/ Main Site

Vicious Cycle contact info http://www.viciouscycleinc.com/contact_us/subpage.cfm?ID=42

Message 6 of 9 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Hi vfr!
Thanks for reply.

I agree with you in some parts, not entirely. But I am noticing (based on all responses received) that I'm actually mixing local legal issues.
I do not know on the rest of the world, but here in Brazil there's something called CDC (Consumer Defense Code, on free translation), which is an amount of laws that protect consumers from any possible exploitation. The CDC assures to the consumers the right that any product purchased in physical stores can be returned within 3 days, and any product purchased online can be returned within 7 days. Doesn't matter if was digital or physical copy. If I had bought this game on psn-br would be my right to have the money back. Unfortunately I chose to buy on psn-us cuz its cheaper Smiley Sad

What you said about Sony getting a loss in case give back my money back makes sense, but here the company would also have the right to cancel the sale and do not pass any value to the publisher, or take it into discount from other sales.

Well, thanks stoping by! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Hi Ocram.
Yes, Ive tried to reinstall the game. This was one of things the publisher ask to do. The only thing I have not tried was installing on another console. It might work.
I understand how things work outside of Brazil. The laws are different, as I said to vfr_800_rider. I'll forget this problem, the game was cheap Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks for this tip, toe-tag_
I'll try reach them.
Message 9 of 9 (150 Views)
0 Likes