Nov 05 2012
By: Logan4658 First Son 13 posts

Movie Purchased Error says it cannot be played.

[ Edited ]
6 replies 1045 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

I purchased the Movie Savages and first tried to download and then play it while downloading after approximately 22% completion.I got an error code which I forgot to write down.So I deleted the download and restarted it again and let it completely DL before trying to play it.I got the same error.Something to the effect of this cannot be played with an error code..Now I can't redownload it from the store.It wants me to repurchase it.Anyone have this issue with any movies since the new store update?I Downloaded Spiderman and didnt have a single probelm.So not sure what's the problem here.Also I would like to re-download it but there doesn't seem to be the option.The movie is not listed under my downloads section in the store.Maybe Im looking in the wrong place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,045 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Movie Purchased Error says it cannot be played.

Nov 5, 2012
I did the same thing. I bought and downloaded the savages movie and tried to play while downloading. The error is 80028801. I deleted the movie and it won't let me re-download it. I had tried to re-download it before I deleted it and after, so now i have to buy it again.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,034 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Yeah thats exactly the same error.Thanks for the info.Maybe if Sony is paying attention we can get the Movie added to our Download list and redownload it.Or get a refund.Not sure why it wont play.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 6, 2012

I also noticed that none of the Movies Ive purchased are in my downloads list.Is this supposed to be this way?I purchase a movie and Im only allowed to download it one time?What if I buy a new PS3 for whatever reason, maybe my hdd craps out on me?Im not allowed to redownload it?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,003 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 6, 2012
Me to sent e mail to Sony they said it takes 24-48 hrs to get back to me bah!!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (995 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Same movie savages and same  **bleep** here, **bleep** Sony either fix it or reemburse us

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (992 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I finally got my email back from Sony telling me *First, make sure to cancel the video download by navigating to Network > Download Manager > Press Triangle on the movie title to cancel.

•Next, disable your Media Server Connection. From your XrossMediaBar™ (XMB™), go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection, and disable. Then turn off your PS3™.

•Power-Cycle ALL Network Devices:
Unplug ALL of your network devices and equipment, making sure all lights on the modem and router are turned off for two (2) full minutes. Certain VOIP modems (where your telephone is connected to your modem) may have a battery installed. You will need to remove the battery in order for the modem to be completely turned off.

Also, there could be corrupted data on the new system, since your power did go out in the process or doing the transfer. In order to clear any corrupted data, we recommend accessing Safe Mode on your PS3™.

To access Safe Mode:
-Turn off the PS3™ by holding the Power button until the power light turns red.
-Press and hold the Power button until you hear 3 separate beeps (separated by about 5 seconds) and the power light goes from red to green and back to red.
-Press and hold the Power button again. This time listen for 2 single beeps (separated by about 5 seconds), followed by a rapid double beep. As soon as you hear the double beep, release the power button. The light on your system will still be green if this is done properly.

Once you are in Safe Mode, you will need to connect your controller with your USB charging cable and press the PS button. Choose option 3 (Restore File System). This will simply go through and delete any corrupted data on your system. Then turn your PS3™ back on and set up the Internet connection.

•Begin downloading the video from your Downloads List. Navigate to Account Management > Transaction Management > Downloads List.

•If you are using a wireless connection and the above steps have not resolved the problem, please try bypassing your router by connecting your PlayStation®3 system directly to your modem with an Ethernet cable. If the movie downloads well with the wired connection, further troubleshooting will need to be completed with your router manufacturer.

•Also, we have a list of port information that you can provide your router manufacturer and they will be able to assist you in port forwarding. If the required ports are not open in your router, the PlayStation®Network will not work properly.

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

You may also try putting the MAC address of your PS3™ into the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), to avoid opening specific ports. To find the MAC address of the PlayStation®3 system, on your XrossMediaBar™ go to Settings > System Settings > System Information. Your router manufacturer will also be able to help you with this step.*so I did all that called them up after I realized that the movie wasn't in my download list they told me to re order it n re download it so I did that and still same error code 80028801 I think it has something to do on there end not ares
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (953 Views)
0 Likes