Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 15 2013
By: SHINNER18 First Son 2 posts

My Experience with sony is being ruined by hackers and cheaters

[ Edited ]
7 replies 329 views Edited Apr 15, 2013

I have been a Sony user for many, many years. Currently I can not play an online game without being hacked, having my system blocked until I restart, my cod rank being changed, forced into games that are hacked, game ruined by cheaters, etc. Why is it so difficult to play a game the way sony intended it to be played? These are amazing games that Sony is allowing to be destroyed by kids playing with Sony's private code. It is stipulated in the user agreement that this is not allowed by Sony. Why are these users not suspended from access? I contacted support live chat, they suggested i report each cheater i encounter, this will be a long list, but i will start now. I am not a "complainer" I have been ignoring this for a long time, now its to the point i cant find a game without cheaters.  

******Edited to remove another members name: Please remember if you believe you have seen another user cheating, please report them using the in game feature.****************

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: My Experience with sony is being ruined by hackers and cheaters

Apr 15, 2013

Welcome to the forum.

I understand yoru frustraction but SONY is not responsible for the goings on of the COD series. You would be best off to contact the developer of the title. Treyarch and Activision right? COD is notorious for hackers from what I understand.  You may want to consider another franchise rather than one that is so rampant with these activities.

As a friendly sidenote: the forum rules and guidelines you just agreed to forbids "blacklisting or naming and shaming" players that are alledgedly cheating hacking.  It would be wise to remove that name from your post and any future posts as well.  Or you could end up getting in trouble for that.

Godd luck.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (321 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

I agree with GOW on everything here.  Another reason to play BF over COD BTW.  Not that BF is free of hacking and glitching, but you do see less of it.

Sorry for your experiences so far.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Playstation support live chat suggested to take this route. Also said that they deal with cheaters and hackers after they are investigated. Where do we give them the names? so they can decide if these users are breaking any rules. Or does Sony just allow people to hack into their network? 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Apr 15, 2013

SHINNER18 wrote:

Playstation support live chat suggested to take this route. Also said that they deal with cheaters and hackers after they are investigated. Where do we give them the names? so they can decide if these users are breaking any rules. Or does Sony just allow people to hack into their network? 

Take it to the Forum?  Not sure what you mean.  

It is true though; Sony does its own Police Work.  They typically will not respond to claims, to the complainant.  They take information and do their own research. 

You will never get an acknowledgement of a "hacker" being busted through your reporting.

Simple truth is, there will always be cheaters.  It does not hurt to file complaints, but sometimes just walking away, and letting Karma catch up to them is the least aggrevating approach.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (292 Views)
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Hello, sad you found cheaters at COD series.

Its really sad, because it seems Sony doesnt cares until they do something wrong and sony finds them and investigate those users. Most of those users have a CFW Console, so they cheat and they also play with free downloaded games tha we pay to have. Its not that paying for a game is something bad, personally i think that paying for a game is helping the devs and companies that makes everything for us to have fun. But those users with CFW doesnt really cares about that, they will never buy a game at all.

So, its not that they only cheat, they also have CFW consoles that is way more illegal than cheating at Sony rules.

There is a site to report piracy at sony, but i dont think they even read it...since its not for playstation, but sony software :

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/corporate/contact/email?id=32

At the playstation site, there is no report piracy , the sonycreativesoftware.com is the only one i found, and agents at support always gives you bad links to report piracy.

Hope someday Sony bans these users, there was a big Ban Wave some months ago, but its never enough.

EDIT:

Found an email from Sony:

Copyright and intellectual property theft is plaguing the gaming industry as a whole, and our legal
team at Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is doing what they can to stem the flow of these
illegal activities. Individuals like yourself can help SCEA with this enormous task by reporting
any illegal activity (related to copyright infringement and intellectual property violations) to the
following email address:

PiracyTaskForce@playstation.sony.com

It may also be advisable for you to notify your local authorities. We appreciate your concerns and
support.

So, try to email PiracyTaskForce@playstation.sony.com and tell them about the problems you have. IF you know for sure those users are using CFW, im sure they will ban them right away.

Regards.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2013

I agree totally, hackers ruin the whole experience, it's a shame that sony ignores the end users, they are so far up in the clouds focusing on new customers they are forgetting a basic rule in sales, building trust in the customers you have, so you can enjoy a long term customer rather then trying to create new ones. I play Team Fortress and have been for years, **** is on of these hackers that just goes in games and ruins them. He kicks players and also constantly cheats with god mode. I know it's just a game but it is also pretty offensive when someone like this loser invades yur entertainment. I tried to also complain to Sony and they make it impossible to reach them. There customer service is a joke and I'm sure that I will have to switch over to XBOX to get a better experience. I will also go further and ban Sony, and use as much social media to get people to switch. I will sell muy current system and buy the XBOX Today. I suggest that if you want a plesant and fun gaming experience you do the same.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 18, 2013

playermechanic1 wrote:

I agree totally, hackers ruin the whole experience, it's a shame that sony ignores the end users, they are so far up in the clouds focusing on new customers they are forgetting a basic rule in sales, building trust in the customers you have, so you can enjoy a long term customer rather then trying to create new ones. I play Team Fortress and have been for years, **** is on of these hackers that just goes in games and ruins them. He kicks players and also constantly cheats with god mode. I know it's just a game but it is also pretty offensive when someone like this loser invades yur entertainment. I tried to also complain to Sony and they make it impossible to reach them. There customer service is a joke and I'm sure that I will have to switch over to XBOX to get a better experience. I will also go further and ban Sony, and use as much social media to get people to switch. I will sell muy current system and buy the XBOX Today. I suggest that if you want a plesant and fun gaming experience you do the same.

Edit: removed blacklisting

U--J

Farewell then.  Nobody will miss you.

By the way, quick question, but who owns the servers that this is happening on?  That's right, it's not Sony.  Saying that Sony is responsible for "cleaning up" the servers is like saying that you are 100% responsible for cleaning your friend's house every day because he let you visit one time.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes