Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 13 2014
By: CarnivorousKing First Son 2 posts

NW-31194-8 Everytime I Try to Download CoD DLC

3 replies 128 views Edited May 13, 2014
I have tried to download the Devastation DLC 10 times over the last 4 days and continue to get an error telling me I lost connection to the PSN. I tried calling in and the hold time is 30 minutes. I was advised to try the chat. I waited 40 minutes in queue for it to tell me no agents are available and dump me back to the end of the line. Is there any way I can get any help? This is DLC I paid for and I am not getting.
Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9234 posts

Re: NW-31194-8 Everytime I Try to Download CoD DLC

May 13, 2014

Hi CarnivorousKing,

Have you tried restarting your PS4? If you keep on running into this issue, then maybe it's a problem with Sony's network and it might be down.

Also you can try out the below to see if it helps any.

Here's what was said on the PS4 error page about what can be done to try to fix this problem:

Step 1: PSN or the game's server may be temporarily unavailable. Please check the status of the game's server via its website. You can check the status of the PSN here.

Step 2: If the servers are active, run the Internet connection test at [Settings] > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection] and make sure you can connect to the network.

Step 3:Update your router to the latest firmware. Turn off other devices that are connected to your network to reduce stress. If this does not work, try again later as the server may be experiencing high volume.

Source: PS4 Error Codes list

Let us know if this works.

Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 13, 2014
I have been trying for 4 straight days. Yes I have restarted it. I have followed all the steps provided. I have read through the forums, I even wasted a huge chunk of my free time last night trying to get help from customer support. Of course the catch all is the last part of step 3. There are just too many people, wait until less people are using it. I guess the way they get less stress on the server is provide terrible support and people return there PS4s.
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9234 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2014

CarnivorousKing wrote:
I have been trying for 4 straight days. Yes I have restarted it. I have followed all the steps provided. I have read through the forums, I even wasted a huge chunk of my free time last night trying to get help from customer support. Of course the catch all is the last part of step 3. There are just too many people, wait until less people are using it. I guess the way they get less stress on the server is provide terrible support and people return there PS4s.

Ah. Guess it'll be a wait and see then. It's not good when people can't even download games or DLC.

There's one other thread I just saw that deals with the same issue: Try checking out page 4 of it.

error NW-31194-8

Unicorn--Justice mentioned a way to try to find out what's going on and another member linked to a Youtube video about a fix.

Message 4 of 4 (104 Views)
0 Likes