May 01 2013
By: Fgtr4Life First Son 3 posts

Name Change Inquiry

[ Edited ]
7 replies 173 views Edited May 1, 2013

Hello there, I am posting here to know if there is a way to change the name of one's account and how to go about doing so. I ask this as I wish to do so. This is primarily due to the fact that my PSN ID "Fgtr4Life" (read Fighter for Life) is constantly bastardized as **bleep**got 4 Life, and I am getting quite sick of it. I made this account years ago and never realized it would receive so much crap simply due to the fact that nobody would notice the "R" in the name. If someone could tell me how or put me in touch with someone who could help me change my name, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Message 1 of 8 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11666 posts

Re: Name Change Inquiry

May 1, 2013

Haha nice name. You're stuck with it, unless you want to create a fresh profile and start over.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 2 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31787 posts

May 1, 2013

Fgtr4Life wrote:

Hello there, I am posting here to know if there is a way to change the name of one's account and how to go about doing so. I ask this as I wish to do so. This is primarily due to the fact that my PSN ID "Fgtr4Life" (read Fighter for Life) is constantly bastardized as **bleep**got 4 Life, and I am getting quite sick of it. I made this account years ago and never realized it would receive so much crap simply due to the fact that nobody would notice the "R" in the name. If someone could tell me how or put me in touch with someone who could help me change my name, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Sorry but once created a PSN ID cannot be changed or altered in any way, you only option is to do as johngie has said & create another, but you'll lose your trophies etc.

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 8 (158 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Just jumping in add a 3rd confirmation to this. You cannot change your name without creating a new account, yes you lose all your trophies associated with your current account. Bummer I know. Good luck with your decision and if you do decide to make a new account, choose wisely!

Almost forgot... welcome to the forum! :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 8 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

=_=" I'll pass on the new account deal because I have PS+ active on this. Oh well, thanks anyway and thank you.

Also, thank you for the welcome. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1662 posts

May 2, 2013

LOL Poor fella. You made your life decisions. Live with them! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 6 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2070 posts

May 3, 2013

When you created your ID you own it for life. Just ignore anyone that makes fun of your ID.

Message 7 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7465 posts

May 3, 2013

Fgtr4Life wrote:

=_=" I'll pass on the new account deal because I have PS+ active on this. Oh well, thanks anyway and thank you.

Also, thank you for the welcome. :smileyhappy:

Understandable but just so you know if you do create a second account on your ps3 anything you purchase on that main account will automatically transfer to the second account on the same system. So you could buy things on it until you cancel the subscription to plus and play it on the other account. When you cancel the account just add it to the other account.

Message 8 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes