Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 31 2013
By: jackforest First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Need to close my PSN account HELP

3 replies 210 views Edited Jul 31, 2013

Hey,

I recently made a new PSN account t buy dlc for a game that is in a different regian than my main. I added the billing info for mycredit card and bought the DLC but then it wouldn't let me log onto the acount and needed to check my email. I had used a very old email, and when I tried to access it yahoo told me it had bee recycled. I am obviously worried and would like to cancel the account as it has my billing info, but I can't as it won't let me long on. I'd really appreciate some help from playstation at this point :smileytongue:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (210 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28959 posts

Re: Need to close my PSN account HELP

Jul 31, 2013

jackforest wrote:

Hey,

I recently made a new PSN account t buy dlc for a game that is in a different regian than my main. I added the billing info for mycredit card and bought the DLC but then it wouldn't let me log onto the acount and needed to check my email. I had used a very old email, and when I tried to access it yahoo told me it had bee recycled. I am obviously worried and would like to cancel the account as it has my billing info, but I can't as it won't let me long on. I'd really appreciate some help from playstation at this point :smileytongue:

Thanks

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PSN Accounts do not get closed, you can though just decide to stop using it & use another one, but it will always be there should you require it again.

For help with your email etc on the accounts you'll have to contact Sony customer service, here's their number, or of you prefer you can chat to a representative live, just click on the 'live chat' link in my signature.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (195 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14317 posts

Jul 31, 2013

None of that matters unless you forgot your password, and needed access to your e-mail to access the reset e-mail.  You don't need access to the e-mail account to sign-in to PSN.  The e-mail address is basically just a user name when you sign in.  If you forgot your password, and you don't have access to the sign-in e-mail account, then you must contact customer support by phone or live chat, in order to change the sign-in e-mail address. 

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (188 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4697 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Hi,

Here are instructions to change the email attached to your PSN account:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/255/kw/changing%20id/related/1

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes