May 31 2013
By: Thanatos5287 First Son 5 posts

Need to speak with a moderator

11 replies 296 views Edited May 31, 2013

are there any able to chat in pm's? was directed here by customer service rep on the phone. 

Message 1 of 12 (296 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27561 posts

Re: Need to speak with a moderator

May 31, 2013

The forum moderators only deal with issues related to the forums themselves.  They don't provide support for Playstation hardware or software issues.  That is what the customer support representatives on the phone are supposed to do, but they tend to send more complex issues here for the user community to solve.  What is the issue that you called customer support about?

GKP
Message 2 of 12 (288 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 31, 2013

i got an email saying i was using "unauthorized or pirate software", and my system is bricked now. im running the offical system version 4.41 and have no idea why they would say i am using otherwise. ive had my account for 6 years now, and have never recieved a suspension or ban before. i havent even been online in a while other than on my vita. the customer service rep told me to come on here and talk to a sony moderator, digital platforms manager. they said the ban was placed by a mod. i am quite literally freaking out, as i have been running only offical updates on my system, and only purchase offical games from reputable sources. this includes the psn store. nothing on my system is pirated, everything is either from disc based games, or from the ps store. 

Message 3 of 12 (286 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38846 posts

May 31, 2013

Thanatos5287 wrote:

i got an email saying i was using "unauthorized or pirate software", and my system is bricked now. im running the offical system version 4.41 and have no idea why they would say i am using otherwise. ive had my account for 6 years now, and have never recieved a suspension or ban before. i havent even been online in a while other than on my vita. the customer service rep told me to come on here and talk to a sony moderator, digital platforms manager. they said the ban was placed by a mod. i am quite literally freaking out, as i have been running only offical updates on my system, and only purchase offical games from reputable sources. this includes the psn store. nothing on my system is pirated, everything is either from disc based games, or from the ps store. 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

A suspension or ban is only put in place once Sony has looked into the details of any suspected 'offense' & that decision is not taken lightly, so even though right now you do not know what it is you are meant to have done there will usually be a good reason for their decision.

Within 48-72 hours of a ban or suspension being put in place an email will usually be sent to the email address held on file with Sony, that email will explain the reason & also the length of any ban/suspension.

I'm somewhat surprised that customer support sent you here because no one here can assit you with this, be it a Moderator or DPM, wait for your email to arrive, if it has not arrived within 72 hours or so then get back in touch with Sony customer support using the live chat option (link in my signature) or by calling the number below.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 12 (264 Views)
First Son
5 posts

May 31, 2013

already recieved the email....read the post.

Message 5 of 12 (253 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24514 posts

May 31, 2013

Thanatos5287 wrote:

already recieved the email....read the post.

Then you don't need a moderator....read the replies.

Message 6 of 12 (247 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 31, 2013

i have been told by sustomer service, that only a sony moderator can help me. i read the blanket replies.

Message 7 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24514 posts

May 31, 2013

Thanatos5287 wrote:

i have been told by sustomer service, that only a sony moderator can help me. i read the blanket replies.

Fine here's a link. PM one and they'll tell you there's nothing they can do and you didn't need to contact them.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions/The-PlayStation-Forum-Team-a...

Message 8 of 12 (242 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27561 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

You have been misinformed.  Console bans are not imposed by moderators.  PSN has software in place to detect attempts to access PSN from consoles that are running unauthorized System software.  When such access is detected, the console attempting the access is banned.  Console bans are never lifted as far as I know, and they certainly are never lifted in response to a forum post.  I seriously doubt that the Digital Community Managers, who do read some (but by no means all) posts, and occasionally post to the forums, have any ability to lift a console ban. 

What you say may be true.  When the people that are trying to beat PSN's system and access PSN with unauthorized Systems discovered that Sony was banning their consoles, so that they can't even connect to PSN when running official System software; they responded by changing the encryption codes that identify their consoles.  They just choose a new code at random.  Then they try again. And they fail again, but this time someone else's encryption code gets banned.  If you happen to be the unlucky owner of the PS3 that is the legitimate user of the hijacked encryption code, then your console gets banned too.  Basically you have been framed for a crime that you did not commit. That is bad luck, but there isn't much that you can do about it.  There is no way that you can prove that it wasn't your console that was running the unauthorized System software, especially if the person hacking the System software is in the same region as you are.  There really isn't anything that you can do except to replace your console.  Fortunately, they only cost $270 now.  The good news is that the odds of it happening to you again are pretty astronomical.

GKP
Message 9 of 12 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 31, 2013

getting a new system wouldnt really be the issue, its the account that im more upset about. ive had my account for 6 years now, put alot of work into it, put alot of money into it. havent had a single suspension or ban before for anything. ive been running official firmware since the beginning. i make sure all my games and apps are updated, i make sure my system is updated. i dont smack talk people online. everything is either purchased form gamestop or from the PSN store. to claim im running pirate software is jus crazy. sending in the system would prove im not. 

Message 10 of 12 (222 Views)
0 Likes