Nov 20 2012
By: anojam Sackboy 396 posts

No Manual for Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds downloaded from PS Store ???

2 replies 602 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

Where is the manual for my digital download of "Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds" (HSG5) for PS3?  I purchased it through GameStop.com, who emailed me the PS Store Redeemable Code to download the game. I do not see a link for it on the PS Store page. I do not see it available in game or by hitting triangle on the HSG5 icon on the XMB menu. 

Message 1 of 3 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36053 posts

Re: No Manual for Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds downloaded from PS Store ???

Nov 20, 2012

anojam wrote:

Where is the manual for my digital download of "Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds" (HSG5) for PS3?  I purchased it through GameStop.com, who emailed me the PS Store Redeemable Code to download the game. I do not see a link for it on the PS Store page. I do not see it available in game or by hitting triangle on the HSG5 icon on the XMB menu. 

What happens when you try to redeem the code?

Message 2 of 3 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: No Manual for Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds downloaded from PS Store ???

Nov 22, 2012

When I entered the code I was taken to the PS Store page for the full game download. One link was there for downloading the game which worked fine. No instruction manual is downloaded with the game. No link for downloading the instruction manual is on that page, nor on any other HSG Out of Bounds page (where add-ons and such are linked) in the PS Store. I wasn't able to find an online instruction manual anywhere on the Internet. Wiki, walk-throughs, cheats, etc., galore. But no PDF of the manual to be found.  (I even went to Clap Hanz - the game developer - website., hoping maybe they'd have the manual available.  The website is in Japanese, which I can't read. I found no english version.)

I emailed Sony. This is the response of the customer service rep:

"After further research I have found that generally downloadable games will not have an instruction manual, with the exception of PlayStation®Vita games which would have a manual in the Live Area.

However, if there is a manual it would be an in game function in the menu, you can also go our forums for further assistance. This link will take you directly to the Hot Shots Golf Out of Bounds forums. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=hot+shots+golf+out+of+bounds "

I find no manual access in game. Hints, yes, as you play, but no manual.  And heck if I'm happy about being told I have to read through forum posts to try to glean what I'm sure is clearly spelled out in the flippin' instruction manual!

So, buyer of DLC for PS3 beware. Sony apparently doesn't think we are worth the time and effort to supply us with the basic instruction manual for the game software we get from the PS Store.

How extraordinarily lame, Sony!

Message 3 of 3 (576 Views)