Highlighted
Jan 27 2013
By: Ahmed_Aiki First Son 2 posts

Online pass not working.

3 replies 147 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Hi, so a couple of days a go I purchased an online pass add-on via PSN Store for my USED battlefield 3 BD, when I started the game and chose the multiplayer option it said "Online code authentication failed, please try again later." So when I checked my Blue-Ray Disc it turned out its a region 2 Disc. what should I do now?? and im not even in the US at the moment to call the Customer Service and ask for a refund. Any advices?

Message 1 of 4 (147 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Online pass not working.

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

Ahmed_Aiki wrote:

Hi, so a couple of days a go I purchased an online pass add-on via PSN Store for my USED battlefield 3 BD, when I started the game and chose the multiplayer option it said "Online code authentication failed, please try again later." So when I checked my Blue-Ray Disc it turned out its a region 2 Disc. what should I do now?? and im not even in the US at the moment to call the Customer Service and ask for a refund. Any advices?

You wouldn't get a refund anyway but there's a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page you can use to e-mail them. You can create an account that matches the disc region and then use the pass or you can buy a disc that matches the pass region.

Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 27, 2013

What?? Why wouldnt they refund me anyway? its kinda stupid cuz now I paied for something I wont be able to use unless I bought the game from the USA as well -.- thats kinda lame.

Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40615 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Ahmed_Aiki wrote:

What?? Why wouldnt they refund me anyway? its kinda stupid cuz now I paied for something I wont be able to use unless I bought the game from the USA as well -.- thats kinda lame.

ne1 is correct, your chances of a refund are slim as all sales from the PlayStation Store are considered final.

The error was of your own doing, I'm not saying you did it intentially but it was your fault, so for that reason alone your chances of a refund are slim, but give it a go, you might get lucky,

For futurer reference any DLC, including online passes have to be ourchased from the same region as the original game.

P.S. Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

BRIT-KO.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes