Mar 16 2013
By: themafiaomearta1 First Son 2 posts

Overcharged Multiple Times For Same Game Purchased Through Playstation Store

[ Edited ]
2 replies 708 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

How can I go about, checking the status on being refunded for being charged multiple times for the same game?  I had downloaded MLB13 The Show, and after it finally downloaded and installed, it would start up like it was working, then a screen would appear stating that I failed to download the full content of the game, therefore not allowing to play it.  After speakimg to multiple agents both online, as well as on the phone, they all instructed me to delete what I had downloaded,  then go back in and download it again.  I was instructed to do this I believe a total of 4 times.  Finally, the last Agent I spoke with in the forum, asked if she could call me.  She was able to walk me through step by step, in what had happened and how to get it downloaded to work.  I had never had this issue before.  Though she mentioned, that since I was told to delete what I downloaded, then go back and re download the game, multiple times, I was charged for each and every time I downloaded it, so it is as though I purchased numerous MLB13 The Shows, instead of the one that actually worked.   She had told me that it would be sent to a review board to be refunded back onto my card # that was given when I had signed up and it would take 3 to 5 business days and I would receive word, via my email address of [Edited to remove personal email].  It has surpassed that time frame and I still have not heard about being refunded.  I just want to make sure that I do not indeed, get charged for following the instructions given by the agents I had spoken with.  I have been a devoted Playstation Fan since PS1 first released, though I do have to say that I believe I will no longer purchase games by Playstation Store, with instead I will purchase them at a Game Store.  Thank you for your time and any help in pointing me in the direction of who I can speak with, would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 1 of 3 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
32369 posts

Re: Overcharged Multiple Times For Same Game Purchased Through Playstation Store

Mar 16, 2013

You want to check the status of a refund?, have you actually put in an application for a refund?

Multiple purchases by the same PSN ID Account are though not usually possible.

If you want to request a refund, or check the status of a refund then you need to so so by contacting Sony customer support, but refunds usually take between 5-7 working days, if that time has passed then contact Sony again, here's the phone number for them:

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 3 (700 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18277 posts

Re: Overcharged Multiple Times For Same Game Purchased Through Playstation Store

Mar 16, 2013

I don't know who you were talking to, but downloading the same content multiple times does not result in your being charged each time (except for videos).  If the button that you clicked was labeled "Download", then that is all that it did.  You were not charged anything.  Only a button labeled "Buy" will remove money from your wallet, and only after you check out first.  You weren't charged multiple times.  The Playstation Store won't even let you buy game content that you already purchased.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (685 Views)
0 Likes