Mar 10 2013
By: alkidasfinest First Son 1 posts

PLEASE HELP ATTACKED BY ONLINE HACKER

10 replies 264 views Edited Mar 10, 2013

Hi guys,

My little brother fell for a terrible trick on MW3 by a hacker offering ''all hacks" online so my little brother game his email and password, hes had his account for a long time and got to the highest pristiege don't know why he wanted to fall for this.

Anyway he had forgotten his date of birth he put in for the game and hes used an email for ps3 that I don't even think exists, something @def.com? Never heard of that email place but hes sure ps3 accepted it.

So we now have a hacker running around on his account - how do we fix this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17516 posts

Re: PLEASE HELP ATTACKED BY ONLINE HACKER

Mar 10, 2013

alkidasfinest wrote:

Hi guys,

My little brother fell for a terrible trick on MW3 by a hacker offering ''all hacks" online so my little brother game his email and password

Are you kidding

Rule #5 of the Internet: NEVER give your account info to another person, ESPECIALLY if they are trying to give you scams like this.

I suppose you could use some kind of password recovery system your e-mail provider has (if they have one, that is). That's really the only thing I could think of doing right now.

Also, question: was it just the PSN password that was hacked, or the actual e-mail account? I say this because the PSN and e-mail accounts can use different passwords for the same e-mail and if the PSN password was taken, you could request a password change/reset be sent to your e-mail to change the password and access the account again. If the hacker/scammer has access to the e-mail account, you'll probably have to go through some stuff with your e-mail provider that will vary from person to person depending on what kind of e-mail you have.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
25374 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

1) There was no hack. The information was given away freely.

2) Before ever going on the internet, all users should be aware that it's not a smart idea to share personal information with other users. 

3) Always use a legitimate (existing) email address when creating an account on the PSN. This comes in handy for moments like this. And, we sometimes get special deals from Sony or PlayStaton (betas, sales).

4) Have your brother call SCEA at 1-800-7669 during normal business hours. The call is free. The CSR might be able to help him. The key word is "might".

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (252 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10751 posts

Mar 10, 2013
More like "AT-HACKED"!

Get it? Oh johngie, you're too clever for your own good...
R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Why do people still give out information and still fall for this.  

*NEVER STORE YOUR INFORMATION ON YOUR CONSOLE*

I think SONY needs to get rid of that little feature, gets people into trouble. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2198 posts

Mar 10, 2013

alkidasfinest wrote:

Hi guys,

My little brother fell for a terrible trick on MW3 by a hacker offering ''all hacks" online so my little brother game his email and password, hes had his account for a long time and got to the highest pristiege don't know why he wanted to fall for this.

Anyway he had forgotten his date of birth he put in for the game and hes used an email for ps3 that I don't even think exists, something @def.com? Never heard of that email place but hes sure ps3 accepted it.

So we now have a hacker running around on his account - how do we fix this?

I agree with the others. there was no attack at all, He just gave his account away out of free will.

And sorry for telling you the bad news but there is no fix. He gifted his account to the other person and there is no way to undo this if you don't have the other account information.

Also filling in a fake e-mail is the worst thing you can do with your account and you are guaranteed to lose it when you do this.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Not Sure If You Or Little Brother Lol :smileytongue:futuramafry..jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (206 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14958 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Fake email, used fake dob.... Calling Sony CSR isn't going to help, they're just going to tell you the same thing I'm going to tell you

you're screwed....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 11, 2013

CALL PLAYSTATION AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. SO THEY COULD TRY TO RESET HIS ACCOUNT. OR YOU COULD RESET HIS PASWORD TO HIS ACCOUNT. I WOULD PLAYSTATION KNOW ABOUT THIS FIRST..

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13048 posts

Mar 11, 2013

You have nothing to lose by reporting it to Sony by phone, but given that the sign-in information was disclosed to someone else, Sony has no responsibility to do anything.  To make matters worse, if you don't know the security information for the account (date-of-birth and security question answer), and there was never a valid e-mail address, then there is really no way for you to prove that the account belongs to you.  It could have been created by anyone.  Sony is accustomed to kids lying about their age to get access to age-restricted games and content, and it has been fairly tolerant of that.  If you can remember the answer to the security question that was selected for the account, then you might have a chance.  Otherwise, be prepared to start over with a new account. One of the advantages of using a sub-account, which kids are required to do anyway, is that the parent can always recover the account if it is stolen.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (134 Views)