May 07 2013
By: Ves31996 Splicer 62 posts

PS Classics Game Manuals

4 replies 156 views Edited May 7, 2013

Greetings,

I purchased and downloaded three games (Threads of Fate, Spyro the Dragon, and Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage) via the PlayStation Store. When I went to view the game manuals to get additional tips and hints, the manuals were unreadable. The text was way too small. Is there any way I can zoom in on the text somehow, or access the manuals online? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11411 posts

Re: PS Classics Game Manuals

May 7, 2013

I dont remember them being hard to read, then again, I never really use manuals. I dont know about official ways of finding them online, but id wager they exist in PDFs somewhere in the vast starscape of the interwebz

Questions about MVPs?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (150 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

May 7, 2013

I currently don't have access to my HDTV, so I'm playing the games on my old standard definition CRT television (I read that older games look better on older televisions), so maybe that's why the text is small and unreadable. Can someone give confirmation on this?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12241 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2013

Games that are designed for HDTVs often have unreadable text when viewed on a standard definition TV, but that won't be a problem with PS1 Classics, which are all standard definition games.  PS1 Classics are upscaled to 720p on HDTVs when you play them on a PS3, but will display in their original resolution on a standard definition TV.  The manuals look fine on a PSP, and a Vita, neither of which have HD displays.  I know of no reason why they would not be readable on your standard definition TV, unless you were playing the game on a PSP, instead of a PS3.

The manuals are not legally available online.  The original games came with printed manuals, and the PS1 Classics always included the scanned copy of the manual with the game.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

May 12, 2013

there is no zoom feature on ps3 for psone classics while viewing game manual. there is on the vita though. the vita is the best way to play psone classics. highly recommend it.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)
0 Likes