Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 19 2013
By: emil_lime First Son 6 posts

PS Plus Trial Code not working

8 replies 411 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

Hi,

I found out that you could get a free 30-day PS+ trial if you liked the facebook page. So I did, and I got my code yesterday. But when I try to enter it, it won't work. I have tried to reedeem the code in the store, directly from the menu and even from the computer. When I do it from the computer it only says "This code cannot be redeemed from a PC" and when I try it from my ps3 it says that the code is invalid.

Did they send me a invalid code? Is there a way to get the code to work?

Message 1 of 9 (411 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Re: PS Plus Trial Code not working

Feb 19, 2013

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

I found out that you could get a free 30-day PS+ trial if you liked the facebook page. So I did, and I got my code yesterday. But when I try to enter it, it won't work. I have tried to reedeem the code in the store, directly from the menu and even from the computer. When I do it from the computer it only says "This code cannot be redeemed from a PC" and when I try it from my ps3 it says that the code is invalid.

did you go into account management, then into redeem codes? 

Message 2 of 9 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

did you go into account management, then into redeem codes? 

Yes I tried that to, it is not working.

Message 3 of 9 (396 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17682 posts

Feb 19, 2013

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

Was it actually Sony claiming you'd get a free code or was it another user? Post a link.

Message 4 of 9 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 19, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

Was it actually Sony claiming you'd get a free code or was it another user? Post a link.

Yes, It's on the official facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation
And also the mail I got was from a real playstation mail, so I'm pretty sure it's a legit code.
So I have no idea why the code isn't working.

Message 5 of 9 (384 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17682 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

emil_lime wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

Yes, It's on the official facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystation
And also the mail I got was from a real playstation mail, so I'm pretty sure it's a legit code.

Yes that's their page but I'm not seeing where it says to "Like" the page to get a code.

<Edit> When I click the PSPlus link on their site it brings me to a page where a 30 trial is offered. When you fill in hte information for "Select Country" the US isn't listed. What country did you choose? Do you have a PSN account for that region?

Message 6 of 9 (379 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Feb 20, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

emil_lime wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

emil_lime wrote:

Hi,

Yes that's their page but I'm not seeing where it says to "Like" the page to get a code.

<Edit> When I click the PSPlus link on their site it brings me to a page where a 30 trial is offered. When you fill in hte information for "Select Country" the US isn't listed. What country did you choose? Do you have a PSN account for that region?

Yes, I live in Sweden so that's what I choosed and my psn account is for Sweden also. So that shouldn't be any problems.

Message 7 of 9 (363 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4691 posts

Feb 20, 2013

You should check the EU forums.  They might  have info on whether it's a common problem or not and could be able to help you.

Message 8 of 9 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49161 posts

Feb 20, 2013

At this point after reading the rest of the thread since my last post I would say its time to contact support  https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

Message 9 of 9 (335 Views)
0 Likes