Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2012
By: lronman100 First Son 28 posts
Accepted Solution

PS Store Issues - PSN Avatars

3 replies 482 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Two major issues here:

1) Since the PS Store update yesterday (11/06/2012), I can no longer select my "purchased" PSN ID avatars, none of them show up, only the default Avi's are shown in the selection menu.

2) There are a large quantity of PSP/PS Vita ID Avatars mixed in now with the PS3 Avatars. I purchased one yesterday on accident as it was mixed in with all the PS3 avatars.

Message 1 of 4 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: PS Store Issues - PSN Avatars

Nov 8, 2012

OK, so I called Customer Support. The support agent I spoke to said "sony is aware of the Avatar issue, and everyone is experiencing it right now".  I have since discovered that is not accurate. My confidence in the support agent is further lowered by the fact that she didn't seem to understand what a PSN Avatar is and kept calling it "games" even after I corrected her a number of times.

What should my next course of action be?

Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11424 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Sacrifice your PS3 to the avatar gods, and hope they take pity on you.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 3 of 4 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Nov 9, 2012

For those who end up having the "Avatars not showing up" issue, I was able to re-download the one I wanted to have it show up.

It''s pretty rediculous that there isn't a better way to access and review our purchases than to re-look them up if they were neither downloaded at the time of purchase, or in this case, the PS3 somehow lost a portion of downloaded content.

Makes me think that things that are no longer listed in the store, for what ever reason, become wasted money.

Message 4 of 4 (423 Views)
0 Likes