Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2012
By: gothug666 First Son 2 posts

PS3 - NFS MW - Help restoring content after freeze/restart.

3 replies 134 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

Hello Everyone, 

I recently got my first ps3 and have been playing the NFS MW and been stacking up points and cars. Recently, the game suddenly froze during play and I had no other option but to restart the ps3 system, which I did and then I tried to play NFS MW and the game starts from the beginning :smileysad: 

Looks like all my previous work is lost during the freeze/restart. I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me restore things back to where it was. Please!!! Need your help and I appreciate in advance for your time and replies. 

- Andrew. 

(I hope I am asking the question in the right part of the forum)

Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18718 posts

Re: PS3 - NFS MW - Help restoring content after freeze/restart.

Dec 28, 2012

|Welcome to the PS Community.

I don't have NFS so I don't know the game's save/auto-save policies. Assuming the game requires for you to manually save your progress & you failed to do so... there is your answer.

If the game does save your progress automatically then make sure you are loading your game's profile.

-----------

the game suddenly froze during play and I had no other option but to restart the ps3 system

After you restarted the PS3, were you prompted with a message talking about "restoring" or any other messages?

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29659 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

|Welcome to the PS Community.

I don't have NFS so I don't know the game's save/auto-save policies. Assuming the game requires for you to manually save your progress & you failed to do so... there is your answer.

If the game does save your progress automatically then make sure you are loading your game's profile.

-----------

the game suddenly froze during play and I had no other option but to restart the ps3 system

After you restarted the PS3, were you prompted with a message talking about "restoring" or any other messages?

I have NFSMW & I was under the impression that it had an auto-save feature, I say under the impression, I'm actualy 99% certain, it's just that I haven't played it for a while because of YLOD, but I'm sure it does, I never had to manually save my data.

Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Thanks guys and thanks for your replies. 

Xuchilbara - Normally the game auto saves and reads from the saved data during game play. I have restarted my ps3 before this (for non-nfs related reasons) but nothing ever happened to the NFS game. It was just fine. This time the ps3 froze during nfs game. I did check my software version and everything is up to date. 

BRIT-KO - Sadly there were no message prompts to restore data and that surprises me as well. 

Any feedback/comment? 

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 4 (122 Views)
0 Likes