Feb 18 2013
By: Teddy-Chan First Son 22 posts

PS3 PSN games say their for PSP, need help.

3 replies 103 views Edited Feb 18, 2013

OK, over the last year I've had SO many issues with my PS3, so many that I had to get a newone because it just wasn't worth trying to fix it. I just finished setting it up, redownloading all my games and contend, but I've had alot of issues. When the PSN was down for all those months awhile back, all of us PS3 guys with PSN accounts got 2 free PS3 games and 2 free PSP games. I chose Wipeout HD combo, with Fury addon, and inFAMOUS. Problem is out of all the stuff I've had to redownload, this 2 PS3 games aren't installing. The little grey bar on to right that indicates which platform the content is for says PS3, but when I click install it promts me to install it on a PSP or a Vita. None of the other games I redownloaded have done this. Section 8, Ratchet and Clank, RE4-5, and many others. Its just Wipeout HD and its add-ons, and inFAMOUS. My free PSP games obviously only install on the PSP, but I had all these games up and running before I replaced the PS3. Incase it matters I'm also using a 500gig hybrid SSD drive inplace of the stock Sony HDD, but its never bothered me before. Any help at ALL would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: PS3 PSN games say their for PSP, need help.

Feb 18, 2013
The forums have a search bar. Use it.
Message 2 of 4 (90 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Thanks for that utterly useless bit of exposistion, but I have no idea how to be specific about my situation. Specific enough to search anyway.

Message 3 of 4 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Feb 18, 2013
You're welcome. You get a pass anyways, because I've yet to put together a definitive answer thread.

Download your games from the download list located under Transaction Management, in the Account Management of the XMB.
Message 4 of 4 (81 Views)
0 Likes