Apr 04 2013
By: starionx13 First Son 4 posts

PS3 unit 'locks up' when pausing a game in MLB TV

3 replies 132 views Edited Apr 4, 2013

For as long as I can remember (years), if you pause (for more than 20 seconds) a baseball game when watching MLB TV, the whole PS3 unit locks up. None of the remote keys work. You're only option is to force shutdown using the power button on the unit.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Message 1 of 4 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1051 posts

Re: PS3 unit 'locks up' when pausing a game in MLB TV

Apr 8, 2013

Yes, sometimes, this app is and will likely always be faulty...it's a long season. It has happened to me, but I don't even pause unless its a must. MLB.tv takes some patience on PS3...there will be nights it just dont work, and some nights where there is video of the game and no audio.

Astrocytoma can ruin my life but it can't break my spirit...Ghost minded and in the Shadows. Don't get it? yeah thats because it isn't normal.
Message 2 of 4 (123 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Yes. This happens to my on both of my PS3 units.  Other than that it has worked flawlessly until yesterday when it would stop to catch up on the stream more that it would play. I did a speed test on my computer and I could download at 12 Mbps so it wasn't due to lack of bandwidth on my end. If it doesn't improve, I won't be renewing my subscription next year.

Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Well I'm glad it's not just me. Just have to live with it, or use the WD TV Live streaming unit which has no problem pausing. :smileywink:

Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes