Jun 02 2013
By: jasveen_lfc First Son 1 posts

PS3 won't update anything.Please help.

3 replies 1009 views Edited Jun 2, 2013

So I just noticed that my Ps3 won't allow me to update anything when I tried to update to the new FIFA 13 update(1.06). I usually play online and I cannot anymore because my Ps3 won't allow me to update the game. So I tried downloading other stuff such as the PS plus service and I still get the same problem. It starts downloading and ultimately at some stage it fails. I get either one of these 2 errors - "80710736" or "800233EF". I've tried all the possible solutions I could find on the net such as disabling media servers, changing to google's DNS etc.. but to no avail. I only tried so far with my usual wireless network as it used to work fine for updating stuff previously. I cannot use a wired connection due to my home setup so I was wondering if using a wired connection would maybe help solve the problem as I seriously do not know what to do anymore.I've been trying to fix this for 3 days now. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (1,009 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: PS3 won't update anything.Please help.

Jun 2, 2013

jasveen_lfc wrote:

So I just noticed that my Ps3 won't allow me to update anything when I tried to update to the new FIFA 13 update(1.06). I usually play online and I cannot anymore because my Ps3 won't allow me to update the game. So I tried downloading other stuff such as the PS plus service and I still get the same problem. It starts downloading and ultimately at some stage it fails. I get either one of these 2 errors - "80710736" or "800233EF". I've tried all the possible solutions I could find on the net such as disabling media servers, changing to google's DNS etc.. but to no avail. I only tried so far with my usual wireless network as it used to work fine for updating stuff previously. I cannot use a wired connection due to my home setup so I was wondering if using a wired connection would maybe help solve the problem as I seriously do not know what to do anymore.I've been trying to fix this for 3 days now. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Try disconnecting anything from your wireless network that may be needlessly sucking up bandwidth (PC's, phones, tablets, etc.)

Reset your modem/router. Then try downloading on your PS3 again.

If this does not work, my only other advice is to try it with a wired connection. Which is sure to work.

Even if it is a hassle to wire your PS3, if there is a will there is a way.

Good luck. I hope you get it working a-sap.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 4 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1759 posts

Jun 2, 2013

What type of router is it include model number please.

When you setup the connection on the ps3 set everything to automatic you don't need google dns servers that will just cause lag for you when your playing remember millions of people use the same google servers.

Select custom follow directions here.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html

Message 3 of 4 (992 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 11, 2014

I am having the same problem now but my error codes are 800233EC or 800233E8. i even had my service provider come out to the house to make sure my connection was fine and it is he even bumped up my speed to 60mbps... but i still have this update problem with PSN.. i cant update any game either, which sucks cuz this means i cant install them after I formatted my ps3 hard drive...  i used the restore ps3 option in safe mode..  still no luck.. i have tried tech support they cant help me either.. and they wont tell me what the error codes mean they says its private internal company to know only.. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4 (481 Views)
0 Likes