Highlighted
Mar 11 2013
By: OmegaRozenkreuz First Son 2 posts

PSN Account: Region migration

7 replies 1289 views Edited Mar 11, 2013

Hello, people! So until the end of 2011 there was this huge fight of brazilians wanting a regional PSN Store, as it was newly announced and I had just bought my PS3 system I created a brazilian account, and there was this possibility of migrating previous USA account (just  to access USA PSN Store, as it wasn't avaiable in Brazil) toa a brazilian account. However I'm completely disappointed about the national PSN Store, I'd like to access Plus, purchase a lot of titles, etc. however there's still no Plus in our region, a lot of titles I'd like to purchase aren't avaiable in brazilian PSN Store, I regret creating a brazilian accoun. Is there a possibility to "migrate" a brazilian PSN account to a USA PSN account? People already told to create a USA profile along with my brazilian one, however, as PSVita only accepts 1 account I won't be able to access both accounts. Also, it would be awesome if we could "fuse" accounts so we could access both PSN Stores. i_i

Message 1 of 8 (1,289 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7433 posts

Re: PSN Account: Region migration

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

Nope and therre never will be...

Lots of US services are NOT allowed in latin america. So SCE will not be allowed to give you a US account...

If you want a US account you have to make one and use both accounts..

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 2 of 8 (1,282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 11, 2013

This sucks, man. D:

Well,  thanks for the info, I guess I must sleep with that.

Message 3 of 8 (1,271 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2014
could somebody please explainme how i can migrate my account?
Message 4 of 8 (1,016 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41822 posts

Jun 22, 2014

vjosue2 wrote:
could somebody please explainme how i can migrate my account?

Accounts cannot be migrated, your only option is to create a new one for the region you want.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 8 (1,008 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 14, 2016

Would I be able to avail the benefits of PSN Membership onto my other PSN account? 

I have one US account and other account is INDIAN account

Sahilcrossbonezz PSN
Message 6 of 8 (214 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
3658 posts

Aug 14, 2016

please do not reply to old threads this one is from 2 years ago.  and the answer is yes as long as both accounts are on the same console and the old account is set to primary then the other account can still play online and access the other content like games and other downloaded content.

Message 7 of 8 (207 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 14, 2016

Thanks Dave. I have both the account on the same console. But the one on which I renewed the membership is my US account that I recently created and the old account on the same console is my INDIAN account. I was unable to avail the PSN membership benefit on that one. I was trying to troubleshoot that so what I did was I deleted my INDIAN user account from that PS4 so that I can set it up again and see if that works. I believe activating as the primary PS4 also matter. 

Any suggestion how I should sort it out?

Should I set US account as the primary one and then add another user that would be my INDIAN account?

I have the membership active on the US account but not on my INDIAN account.

Sahilcrossbonezz PSN
Message 8 of 8 (199 Views)
0 Likes