Jan 26 2013
By: Rennikz Lombax Warrior 143 posts
Accepted Solution

PSN Card Tracking

3 replies 921 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

If you live outside the USA and bought a US Playstation Card from a local store (country you live in) where the supplier (usa) didn't activate the card... is there anyway to track down the supplier so i can make a phone call myself and have him/her manually activate my card or am completely screwed?

...i'm running out of ideas (2 weeks of research got me no where) as to what to do, i can't return the card to the store and have it exchanged or refunded because it's already been scratch sony tech support can't help me they say i have to go back to the retailer (place where the local store bought the card from) and have it activated properly 

Message 1 of 4 (921 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: PSN Card Tracking

Jan 26, 2013

There must be a way to contact the retailer. Phone, e-mail, snail mail, etc.... Go to the website you used to make the purchase and look.

Message 2 of 4 (909 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31427 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Rennikz wrote:

If you live outside the USA and bought a US Playstation Card from a local store (country you live in) where the supplier (usa) didn't activate the card... is there anyway to track down the supplier so i can make a phone call myself and have him/her manually activate my card or am completely screwed?

No.  You are completely screwed.  There is no way to track the cards.  Sony doesn't keep any record of which card went to which retailer, because it doesn't matter to Sony. The cards are worthless until they are activated at the store's point-of-sale terminal, after you pay cash for it. Even if you knew which retailer the card came from, it would not activate the card for you unless you had a cash receipt from them. If the retailer activates the card, then it owes Sony the face value of the card, minus a small commission.  But you didn't pay the US retailer any money, and if the card isn't activated, then it is possible that no one else did either.  The retailer that you bought the card from needs to be able to activate it, and if the retailer isn't authorized to sell the cards (which it would not be if it is not located in the USA), then it probably can't do that.  The card that you purchased is worthless, and there is probably nothing that you can do about it now. Buying US Playstation Network cards from a store outside the USA is risky, because there is no way for you to know if the card has been activated or not; and the retailer that you are buying the card from has no way to know either, and no way to activate the card itself.  The local retailer should give you a refund, but probably won't.

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Jan 27, 2013
~sigh~ thanks man you put me at peace. i've been trying so hard for so long and no one would give me heads up or anything that made sense. at least i'm glad that paypal finally on psn, so now i won't have to rely on cards anymore. it's a nightmare for me, i'm surprise that i manage to get this far in terms of games and trophy rank.
Message 4 of 4 (901 Views)
0 Likes