Sep 19 2012
By: AngelAyla Lombax Warrior 114 posts

PSN Connection Issues

41 replies 1580 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

Ever since the last firmware update, I've been unable to connect to friends of mine on any of my games, or the connections are really slow / laggy and constant disconnects.

My PS3 is set on DMZ, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded (because of other ps3 in house), pretty much everything I can think of has been done already. My DL is always around 3.6Mbps and my NAT is a constant 2.

Yet everytime I try to play ACB or ACR I get the "unreachable" errors constantly. When I try RE5 there's always "Communication Error", etc. Am I the only one getting royal pain in the rear issues since this last update? Or is there something else I can do to fix this? I want to be able to game with my friends again, but it's getting impossible to do anything other than hang out on PS Home. 

And no, my friends nor I have changed our modem/router/ip/any settings whatsoever since last time we played together when it used to work perfectly. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 42 (1,580 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PSN Connection Issues

Sep 19, 2012

Apparently, this is our problem, why?

Because the rest of the PS3 Community isn't complaining about it.

So, of course- dozens upon dozens upon hundreds of playstation 3's (maybe even a few thousand or more, who knows how many of these bugged ps3's are going unreported due to user ignorance of this) just happened to screw up at the same time.

This is almost as bad as the Leap-Year Bug.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 42 (1,572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I love when people have to get an attitude about themselves and post absolutely nothing useful.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 42 (1,555 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 19, 2012
The firmware update shouldn't change anything connection wise.

You should not need to combine DMZ, port forwarding and UPnP. If your UPnP is working (as indicated on the PS3 Internet Connection Test), then disable DMZ and manual port forwarding to your PS3.

Double-check your router. Make sure you have the newest firmware update.

Are you using wired or wireless? If you're using the latter, then choose the wireless channel that's the least congested in your neighbourhood. Maybe you are getting more interference in your neighbourhood recently.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 42 (1,550 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Honestly this doesn't even need a topic by itself, you could've just posted in the 4.25 Feedback Request Topic- if you want to be a smart@ss. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 42 (1,543 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Sep 19, 2012
@potatobreath To clarify.. MY ps3 is on DMZ. My roomate's isn't which is why the ports are forwarded and such, for his. My router is completely updated and we're both on wired. Nothing's changed at all between 2 months ago when it was perfect to now other than the update.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 42 (1,533 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2012

If you clear both DMZ and manual port forwarding settings (write them down before you clear them), are you and your roommate able to connect and play online successfully through UPnP alone? Are you two able to go online while playing different games (i.e. you aren't both playing Assassin's Creed at the same time)? Able to go online playing the same games?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 42 (1,516 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Sep 21, 2012
Until the update, we were able to go on the same game, play in the same game and connect on multiplayer games with each other as well as anyone else on our lists. We never had an issue with gaming together, or with anyone else before.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 42 (1,463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

This is whats happening to you cause its happening to me to every since the update.... XBOX WORKING FINE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d--hWGtEfho

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 42 (1,453 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 21, 2012
If you restart the router and try to game with others online from one PS3, it does not work?

Since you put your PS3s on DMZ and set up manual port forwarding, have you made sure you used static IP addresses that never change or get reassigned by your router? Make sure your DMZ and port forward rules still point to your PS3 at their current IP addresses.

Otherwise, clear all those rules and use automatic port forwarding through UPnP instead.

If you think the update has left some corrupted settings or files, then go into Safe Mode and use the Restore File System and Rebuild Database commands. Ignore the warning about corrupted data.

Safe Mode: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1488
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 42 (1,448 Views)
0 Likes