Feb 25 2012
By: j5tar89 Uncharted Territory 2048 posts

PSN Error NP-2244-2

18 replies 6985 views Edited Feb 25, 2012

I want to purchase some Vita games on PSN but when I press confirm purchase this thing pops up: "The connection to the server has been lost. (NP-2244-2)"

I bought three games in a row and it worked flawlessly, but any transaction from thereon does not work anymore. I've searched and it seems to be a common problem. It has been suggested to clear the billing info and re-enter it in but problem persists. I even tried calling my credit card company/ bank to see if they were blocking my transaction but they did not find anything restricting my access.

Does anyone know the real fix to this problem?

Message 1 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9693 posts

Re: PSN Error NP-2244-2

Feb 25, 2012

Not sure, best thing you could do is keep trying.

Have you tried purchasing the games off your ps3? You can then simply transfer it over to your vita once it finishes downloading.

Message 2 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 26, 2012

I have been having the same issue but Iv'e never been able to add funds through the vita not even once. Plus i dont have a ps3 so i cant add any funds. Its actually quite annoying and if I tap the "suggested actions" It tells me

"try the following.

If you cannot connect to Sony Entertainment Network, check the status of Sony Entertainment Network at the Sony Computer Entertainment website for your region." Is ther any fix or is this a wait it out type of problem?

Message 3 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Unfortunately, the only solution to avoid just "waiting it out" at present is to go buy yourself a Playstation Network Gift Card. You can redeem these on the PS Vita.

This is getting rediculous. Amazing how days can go by where we are unable to actually purchase a game for our new systems. Horrible launch, and I am frankly considering going to return my system. Was kind of hoping to actually get to play a game on my new system over the weekend after all.

Message 4 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 27, 2012

It let me add funds when i first signed on, but it hasn't let me purchase any games at all... How do they expect us to give them money so they can have a succesful product, if it won't take our money? This sucks

Message 5 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2012

This actually started happening with me recently as well. I do have a question for the people here:

When you guys encountered the error, did you guys do any purchases immediately before it? I purchased about 4 games and after that it immediately gave me the NP-2244-2 error.

Also, do you guys know if these kinds of issues were present on the PS3? It looks to be more like a PSN issue and if that's the case that this is a new problem, perhaps it's tied to the whole SNE/PSN integration they're doing.

Either way, all the stuff I posted is speculation and I sincerely hope (and wish) that this Thursday's maintenance resolves this issue.

Message 6 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I wanted to follow this one up...

I looked at my bank statement and there were numerous PSN charges of $0.00 on my account that are pending which, coincidentally, coincide with the number of attempts I purchased these things. I'm going to further investigate this and see what's up.

Message 7 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 28, 2012

I actually emailed Destructoid, Joystiq, and Giant Bomb about our problem in the hopes that Sony can officially address the public about this error. The link to the article is here: http://www.destructoid.com/np-2244-2-error-prevents-ps-vita-users-accessing-ps-store-222864.phtml

Also, I checked my checking account this morning and the multiple $0.00 charges were cleared, however, my actual purchases were still pending. I then attempted to buy the new Wipeout on my VITA this morning and it still came up with the error. Here's to hoping that when those transactions clear that the error disappears... either that, or that this Thursdays' maintenance helps fix this.

Message 8 of 19 (6,985 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Mar 2, 2012

I think I may have a solution for you because I was getting the same error and recently fixed it. When I set up my PSN account on my Vita I had to confirm credit card information because my card is linked to the account. However, I recently got my card information updated from my bank and used the updated card information to set it up, which it setup successfully. However, on my PS3 the OLD credit card information was still on file and this was causing a conflict between the two. So since the Vita had the new information, but it wasn't I guess on the PS3, there was some sort of conflict. However, once I corrected the error on the PS3 (aka updating the card information) I was able to access the store and purchase the game that I wanted ON the Vita. I don't know if this applies to everyone that is having this issue but it would at least be a starting point. I really hope this helps. Happy Gaming!!

Yes, you just got bested by a girl.

~Raeven Knight (ravenknight_31)
Message 9 of 19 (6,986 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I am having the same problem.  Anyone have any luck?

Message 10 of 19 (6,986 Views)
0 Likes