Nov 08 2012
By: Golfman38 Splicer 66 posts

PSN card isn't working?

2 replies 340 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Has anybody had trouble with redeeming psn codes? I tried redeeming two different codes on ps3 and through the website. The ps3 tells me the card contains $20.00 and asks if I wish to use it, I hit yes and it says, "an error has occured", while the website only says, "The code you entered is invalid or incorrect". Sony told me to return them becuase they weren't activated, so I did and got two new cards and still have the same issue, it even says activated on the new receipt. I've had to email support with an SR# now... I'm just wondering if anybody has been down this road before with the same issue. I'd like to solve it before sunday...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5187 posts

Re: PSN card isn't working?

Nov 9, 2012

I guess you bought the replacement card(s) from the same store?  Just thinking - is it possible the store is having a problem properly activating the card?

You could return them and try purchasing somewhere else.  Sony does seem to have issues with their billing/card systems as there are a ton of threads about credit cards not working, PSN card codes not working.

Hope it works out for you.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18327 posts

Re: PSN card isn't working?

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

Tell us:

-Are you trying to redeem the cards under a foreign PSN account? [e.g. You are trying to use a US PSN card with a Japanese PSN account]

PSN cards are region locked

--Do you have PSN master or sub-account?

PSN cards can only be redeemed with a master account

|If you are trying ot redeem the PSN card under a master PSN account that matches the card's region & the card has properly been activate then I suggest you call SONY tech support and not email them.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)
0 Likes