May 06 2014
By: sargentkeyes First Son 4 posts

PSN name invalid

6 replies 944 views Edited May 6, 2014

Hello, i have tried to make  a  new account by a new user name,  to whichiam having the trouble of getting invalid name or  name already  in use, i know its not because when i try to find someone with that user name i want i can't find them meaning its not in use.    i don't  know  what else to do since i would love to play online  with my new account.
Also even if i do ( USERNAME )ZXZX  it will still say invalid.

Message 1 of 7 (944 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4856 posts

Re: PSN name invalid

May 6, 2014

There may be an answer to the 'invalid' part here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/182/~/rules-and-guidelines-to-create-an-o...

As to the 'in use' part, you can't do anything about that, as the ID's already taken.

Message 2 of 7 (932 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 7, 2014

The problem is, the name i was is not taken, because i tried to search up for the PSN name and no user came up,  and the name i  was is no where near offencive at all,

Message 3 of 7 (917 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

May 7, 2014

sargentkeyes wrote:

The problem is, the name i was is not taken, because i tried to search up for the PSN name and no user came up,  and the name i  was is no where near offencive at all,

PSN IDs can be taken but not searchable since they're completely closed (not deleted, not deactivated, but closed)

You can call Sony and have them do this to an account (this also happens if you get banned).

So it's possible the username is to someone who got banned or requested closing.

Also, even though the username itself may be not offensive, certain strings of characters can be deemed inappropriate (and it may be inappropriate in other languages)

For example (and this isn't a Sony example): In Pokemon X and Y, you cannot name your character "Violet" or anything lik eit, because "Viol" is french for Rape.

So it's possible your username contains some slur in a different language

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 7 (914 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 7, 2014

well that seems kinda off putting, this is the user name i want   "blak-cheeta"  ( i did not misspell Black Cheetah"  )

also  would anyone have the number to call Sony?  

please do tell if its free or not. 

Message 5 of 7 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4856 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

What about Guépard-Noir ?

Message 6 of 7 (904 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 12, 2014

i would perfer english words unless i used an accent letter  to replace another non accent letter to trick the Autofill to think its just random letters

Message 7 of 7 (872 Views)
0 Likes