Mar 25 2013
By: Rich8606 Lombax Warrior 153 posts

(PSN region issue) HELP GoW:A Rise of the Warrior code region locked?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 312 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

Here's the thing....  When I first made my PSN ID I used my Aussie address, I didn't know the PS Store is region specific then, so my PSN account, with all my purchases and trophies, is Australian region. However, I buy all my games from Play-Asia and Amazon, so my games are US and Asian region games.

I pre-ordered the US version of GOWA because of the exclusive Playstation All Stars DLC, the game is coming in next week. When I played the Rise of the Warrior, I selected the US region because I know I bought the US version of GOWA.

However, when I access my code this week, the site immidiately told me I was in the wrong region and directed to the Australian site with the code.

I didn't know the website could do that, I have played the entire 20 chapters of Rise of the Warrior on the US region website perfectly fine, and suddenly at the end I was in the wrong region? Any of you know if the codes are locked to regional PS Store? Does this eman I'm given the Australian region code? If yes, can I redeem the DLC from Australian PSN but use it for the US version of GOWA? My copy of GOWA is not coming in until next week, so I can't try the code yet. 

I know DLCs are region specific, you can't buy DLCs from Australian PS Store and use it with your US copy of a game, the DLC won't show up. When I play my US games from my main Australian account (Uncharted 3, Resident Evil 6), everytime I access the store from in game, it will always access the Australian PS store because of my Australian account, and it will always say no DLC available (because of the different region). I can only view and buy them with my "fake" US account to access the US PS store, download the DLC and then log out, log back in to my Aussie account to play the game with the DLC.

So if the code is indeed region specific, even if I can download the DLC from the Australian PS store, I can't use it with my US version of the game?  

Edit: Updated thread title

U--J

Message 1 of 13 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: HELP Rise of the Warrior code region locked?

Mar 25, 2013
You should create a new US PSN account so the game and DLC don't give you trouble. I'm from South America but since the first time I got my PS3 I create the US PSN account to avoid this kind of problems in future. It's the best solution that cross my mind right now.
Message 2 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

Too late, played the entire Rise of the Warrior on the US website, but with my Australian PSN credentials. 20 chapters and no warning that I'm in the wrong region, so I thought I would be given a US region code on March 20th.

Come March 20th, suddenly I was told I was in the wrong region, redirected to the Australian site and given what I assume to be an Australian code, if this is true, it's only redeemable from Australian PS Store. So it probably won't work with my US copy of the game.

Message 3 of 13 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 25, 2013
So now you have an Australian Rise of the Warrior code and the US God of War Ascension game coming. No doubt, Rise of the Warrior and All-Stars DLCs won't work. Perhaps, you should trade the US game for an Australian version in a game store or with a local buyer.
Message 4 of 13 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Mar 25, 2013

My copy of Playstation All Stars is the US version, which is why I bought the US version of the GOWA in the first place, for the US code of PSASBR DLC. The voucher that comes with the GOWA will work with my PSASBR.

The problem now is the code given to me from this website, I'm fairly certain it's an Australian PS Store only code, why would they force region choosing if this is not the case, right? I played 20 chapters of this web game for nothing if this code doesn't work.

I've contacted Just--Tank from this forum, he's the Sony Santa Monica Community Strategist. See if he canswap the code with a US one for me. No replies yet, though.

Message 5 of 13 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Hello! Have you contacted Support about this?

Message 6 of 13 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 25, 2013

I clicked the link for support on the DLC code page, I filled the form, quote them my code and everything, my email went directly to SCEE instead of SCEA.

Last Friday I got this automated reply from scee_noreply@rnmk.com:

*****This is an automated reply.  Please do not reply to this message*****

Dear PlayStation customer,

Thank you for your recent email correspondence which has reached the UK support team.  Please call 0844 736 0595 (UK only) and an advisor will be happy to assist you.

If you do not reside in the UK, please select the appropriate contact details from the list below:

Australiasupport@playstation.com.au
Austrianetworksupport@at.playstation.com
Belgiumcustomer.service@be.scee.com
Bulgariasupport@sbhbg.com
Croatiaplaystation.hr@arsvenatus.hr
Czech Reppodpora@playstation.cz
Cyprusinfo@playstation.com.cy
Denmarksupport@dk.playstation.com
Finlandfi-hotline@nordiskfilm.com
Franceassistancereseau@fr.playstation.com
Germanyservice@de.playstation.com
Greececic-greece@eu.sony.com
Hungaryinfo@playstation.hu
Icelandolafur@sena.is
Indiasonyindia.care@ap.sony.com
Irelandsupport@ie.playstation.com
Israelsupport@isfar.co.il
Italysupportorete@it.playstation.com
Luxembourgassistancereseau@lu.playstation.com
Maltaps3@forestals.com
Netherlandscustomer.service@nl.scee.com
New Zealandgeneral_enquiries@playstation.co.nz
Norwaysupport@no.playstation.com
Polandplaystation.pl@eu.sony.com
Portugalsuportederede@pt.playstation.com
Romaniasupport@sbhbg.com
Russianetworksupport@ru.playstation.com
Slovakiapodpora@playstation.sk
Slovenianetworksupport@si.playstation.com
South Africaplaystationsupport@sterkinekor.com
Spainasistenciadered@es.playstation.com
Swedensupport@se.playstation.com
Switzerlandassistancereseau@ch.playstation.com
Turkeynetworksupport@tr.playstation.com
Middle East and AfricaSonyCustomerCare.MEA@ap.sony.com

For all other territories, please visit the Global website below:

http://www.playstation.com/country-selector/

Best regards,
UK PlayStation Support Team

*****This is an automated reply.  Please do not reply to this message*****

Which one should I contact? Playstation Australia? Tell them that I got a AUS code that probably won't work with my US game? Choosing the country selector and selecting US region led me back to same contact support form.

I searched these forum for help, and a thread about the early access GOWA demo code given on Feb 20 were region locked, and some peopl,e couldn;t download the demo from becasue of the wrong PS Store region. Just--Tank, Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist, helped them and swapped the codes for the correct region codes.

I hope he can do that with my code as well, I PM'd him. No answers yet though.

Message 7 of 13 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Alrighty. I would go ahead and contact both AU and US support, see if they can help you out.

Message 8 of 13 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Mar 25, 2013

How exactly do I contact the US support? Their support page has no email: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options/

The only options are live chat (requires a US PSN ID and address), telephone, forums (which leads back here), facebook, twitter and youtube. No direct email contact.

I'll try and email Playstation Australia, though I doubt they can help me.

Message 9 of 13 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Are you able to give them a call? I know it's long distance...

Phone: 1-800-345-SONY (7669)

Message 10 of 13 (235 Views)
0 Likes