Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2013
By: AtlasLSU7 First Son 2 posts

PSN server for PS4 and PS3

4 replies 2692 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

Will the PS4 and PS3 share the same PSN server? For example, if my buddy gets COD Ghosts for PS3 and I get it for PS4 can we get in the same parties and play together online?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (2,692 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: PSN server for PS4 and PS3

Jun 21, 2013

That's an interesting question.

But my gut tells me that will not be the case, since PS4 will require you to pay for multiplayer, the PS4 will have dedicated servers. But if PS3 members also have to pay for multiplayer which I think they have to if I'm not mistaken, I don't see why they would be able to play since they will be on the same network.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (2,673 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 21, 2013
The company is currently claiming PS3 / vita owners won't have to pay for online multiplayer but that could suddenly change. Personally I rarely uses psn cause of the constant disconnections and the companies "support" blaming everything from my connection (which is not the case) to the phase of the moon.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (2,664 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13966 posts

Jun 21, 2013

AtlasLSU7 wrote:

Will the PS4 and PS3 share the same PSN server? For example, if my buddy gets COD Ghosts for PS3 and I get it for PS4 can we get in the same parties and play together online?

That is up to the developer and publisher, Infinity Ward and Activision in the case of COD.  Cross-play between the PS3 and the PS4 is possible in general, but that doesn't mean that all games will support it.  Just because a particular title is available on the PS3 and PS4, that doesn't mean that it is the same game on both consoles, or that the two versions are compatible for online play.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (2,653 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Thanks guys. If there is anyone out there that would like to contribute some more to this please do. Especially if you work for Playstation.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (2,640 Views)
0 Likes